Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Where to buy baby shoes in jerusalem?
1  2  3  Next

Mumwithadrum

Post Sat, Jun 11 2011, 3:40 pm
The time has come! My 15 m.o. needs his first pair of shoes. Where can I buy him some baby shoes in the Jerusalem area? Preferably sandals. I really have no idea..!!
TIA

alibaba

Post Sat, Jun 11 2011, 3:47 pm
M&M shoes
tchelet mordechai 10
they have a great selection

ray family

Post Sat, Jun 11 2011, 3:58 pm
teschers.
they're the best at fitting for first shoes.
If you'd like I can look up their number

Mumwithadrum

Post Sat, Jun 11 2011, 4:12 pm
Yes, please look up their number! Do you know where they're located?

ray family

Post Sat, Jun 11 2011, 4:18 pm
they're behind bar ilan if I remember correctly.
she really does her best at getting the perfect fit. I've always been happy w/ their service (here and in america)

Mumwithadrum

Post Sat, Jun 11 2011, 4:23 pm
Thank you both!

israel22

Post Sat, Jun 11 2011, 5:28 pm
I agree with techsers!!! Also u have to make an apt so keep that in mind...

Isramom8

Post Sat, Jun 11 2011, 5:37 pm
Any Crocs store Wink (only real ones for a toddler's developing feet)

IloveHashem613

Post Sun, Jun 12 2011, 1:01 am
Mumwithadrum wrote:
The time has come! My 15 m.o. needs his first pair of shoes. Where can I buy him some baby shoes in the Jerusalem area? Preferably sandals. I really have no idea..!!
TIA

I may be wrong but I believe its better to get a more supportive shoe then sandals for the baby's first shoes...

anonmommy

Post Sun, Jun 12 2011, 2:03 am
malky fischer (tesher) says she sees a huge difference in kids who wear crocs and not. the kids who wear learn to curl their toes to keep the crocs on, making a sort of arch in the foot. they then have to relearn how to relax the foot when buying proper shoes. I saw it was totally true with my kids and now dont buy them crocs till they are older.
you also have to keep in mind that she charges a LOT but I do think its worth it for a good fit for the first 2 pairs of shoes.

Marion

Post Sun, Jun 12 2011, 2:44 am
Any of the Nimrod stores...there's an outlet in the Hadar Mall in Talpiot.

You need supportive footwear; that can include sandals if they're well made. My kids all got summer footwear as their first shoes (I left them barefoot or in socks as long as I could)...

I recommend a closed-toe sandal. And as flexible a sole as you can find. If you can't bend the shoe more or less in half with one hand the sole is too hard for a new walker.

mummy85

Post Sun, Jun 12 2011, 2:56 am
First I wouldn't get sandals as a first pair...

You can check out the shoe store in Rav Shefa mall- but they are really expensive.
You can also try Ludmir in Meah Shearim, they are very helpful there and more reasonably priced.

Mumwithadrum

Post Sun, Jun 12 2011, 3:05 am
Its so hot here, my son sweats so much! I just cant imagine putting him in anything other than sandals. He for sure cant wear socks during these months! Marion, does the Nimrod store sell sandals as well?

amother

Post Sun, Jun 12 2011, 3:10 am
ray family wrote:
teschers.
they're the best at fitting for first shoes.
If you'd like I can look up their number

I wasn't happy with her. I didn't think fit my ds well. After five weeks
I had to get him new shoes. I agree that its possible for a childs foot to grow, but he shouldnt have outgrown the shoes so fast, there should be a little growing room.

Marion

Post Sun, Jun 12 2011, 3:15 am
Mumwithadrum wrote:
Its so hot here, my son sweats so much! I just cant imagine putting him in anything other than sandals. He for sure cant wear socks during these months! Marion, does the Nimrod store sell sandals as well?

Absolutely. And I agree with you. DS#1 started walking in August...knowing that they outgrow 1st shoes very fast there was no way I was spending 200NIS on a pair of shoes...I bought sandals (but at least by the time he needed shoes there was a reason to buy closed shoes, not sandals!) DS#2 started walking in February, but only got shoes around Yom HaAtzmaut. Again, who buys closed shoes in Israel in May? I don't wear them, why should my kids?

Get CLOSED toe sandals though; it's harder for them to trip over them and they generally have better support than what I think most people are thinking of as "sandals".

Mumwithadrum

Post Sun, Jun 12 2011, 3:17 am
Ok, closed toes. Do they have a Nimrod in town? How long do his first shoes usually last?

Mrs.K

Post Sun, Jun 12 2011, 3:26 am
I guess I'm the only one who's baby is walking around with socks and sturdy closed Nikes.

Maybe because my older kids have foot issues, I just don't put babies in sandals at that age. Only something sturdy and supportive.

Mumwithadrum

Post Sun, Jun 12 2011, 3:28 am
Whats wrong with sandals? This is my first baby and I really dont know anything!!!

Marion

Post Sun, Jun 12 2011, 3:33 am
Mrs.K wrote:
I guess I'm the only one who's baby is walking around with socks and sturdy closed Nikes.

Maybe because my older kids have foot issues, I just don't put babies in sandals at that age. Only something sturdy and supportive.

You DO know that properly made sandals are as supportive as shoes, right? And the brand doesn't necessarily reflect the quality/sturdiness factor?

Mrs.K

Post Sun, Jun 12 2011, 4:15 am
I'm aware of that, yes, but I have had a difficult time finding sandals that were as sturdy as good solid shoes.

Because of the foot problems with my older kids, there are certain things I look for in a shoe, (regardless of brand, obviously.) and I have been unable to locate such a sandal in a baby-size. Some examples would be a thick sole and high and supportive around the ankle.

And again, as for the name brand, it certainly doesn't indicate anything. His first pair were Papayas that I were not happy with. These Nikes are much sturdier.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics