Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Toilet Training

HelloEverybody

Post Wed, Oct 04 2006, 12:29 pm
I'm working on toilet training my 2-1/2 year old. He's my first and b"h it's going pretty well, so far. We are teaching him to make sitting down just to standardize the process. The issue is that even sitting, he does not have this aim thing down (and I'm not a boy and didn't realize how important aim is), so how can I teach him to aim even when sitting????

Tefila

Post Wed, Oct 04 2006, 7:35 pm
My four yr old just got my two yr old dd to make on the toilet , I saw it shock 8)
We'll see if it will continue.........
ANd then I will really say don't underestimate the power of a child Tongue Out

Mommy3.5

Post Wed, Oct 04 2006, 8:36 pm
I have trained 3 boys....."Point down, POINT down, POINT DOWN!!!"

I have actually showed them all how to aim. Also I trained them all sitting, they learn the standing up way quite quickly. I took my 2 1/2 year old all of 2 weeks to learn that trick from his big brothers! Rolling Eyes

S.Shcwartz

Post Wed, Jan 03 2007, 3:32 pm
Ok, I'm also training my 2-1/2 yr old son, also my first. POINT DOWN is good, but he has such a small one, theres no way he can point down! Also, I need a name for that body part of his, how do u all call it? What do I tell him, point down, what?!
Also how many accidents are expected a day?!!
I now have 4 days to work on him since he has vacation, will it be enough time?(I'm not leaving my house)/!!

Coke Slurpee

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 11:05 am
Point down, show him by holding it down for him and do hand over hand. Also if it doesn't work sitting, try standing s/times it is easier.
For aim stanidng buy blue toilet freshener, teh type that turns the water blue, every time you flush. When they pish the water turns green.

We call it your "special place".

S.Shcwartz

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 5:39 pm
Thanx sonniboni, so do u know how many accidents are expected a day?
Like today for ex, was his first official day, we stayed home, he wore only underpants, no pants and he basically used the potty more than the number of accidents. I did not criticize when he accidently made outside of the potty (as I have been told) and praised him ALOT. I guess I just want reassurance that I am doing it right..

withhumor

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 5:55 pm
I’m going out of my mind with my daughter who turns 2 next week. At 21 months she decided she needs to go to the toilet, but she is following the same pattern like her older brother! At first he was great and then a few weeks later he decided he had it with numero dos in the toilet and that was it. No amount of coaxing would help so instead of putting him back into diapers I just let him ruin his panties until one day he snapped out of it. She is in that stage now and it’s driving me insane. I toilet trained by son by asking him to stand up when using a regular toilet. Only in the potty he sat, because it came with a special attachment for boys.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 6:18 pm
my husband said we can call it his "bris"

withhumor

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 6:23 pm
Eeoooooooooooooow, I just let my kids make up their own names.

Coke Slurpee

Post Fri, Jan 05 2007, 9:12 am
I don't know how many acc. a day are normal.

My almost 2.5 year old seems to be ready and I'm scared to try though I know I have to cuz, he doesn't have a problem pulling off his diaper wherever, whenever and then making of course. Then he gets all upset about the mess.

The problem is that he doesn't talk that much and also I can't consistantly train him because his schedule changes everyday. He goes to 3 dif. day care settings. My only time straight with him is over the weekend and I doubt that is enough time.

amother

Post Fri, Jan 05 2007, 10:02 am
maybe next kid dont sart at 20 months an wait till they are REALLY ready

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Mon, Jan 15 2007, 10:28 am
I'm trying with my 2.6 year old. He seems scared of pull-ups...he knows what to do, but seems like he's not interested..!

S.Shcwartz

Post Tue, Jan 16 2007, 12:50 pm
how about letting him run around naked? worked for me.

I personally do not see the benefit of pull ups? how is it diff than diapers? of course they dont get it!

mimsy7420

Post Tue, Jan 16 2007, 12:52 pm
My mother let my brother run around in the backyard for a day with a bare tushi. He was toilet trained by the end of that day.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 7:35 pm
3 days walking around naked...he keeps asking for a diaper, but he has been making on the potty (in the living room) all day - B"H! Time to buy underwear??

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 7:59 pm
My 22 month old daughter has seen her older brothers go pish so many times that she goes up the the toilet with them and lifts her shirt up like they do. Of course she's got no idea that she ISN'T pishing just like them. Today my husband got her to sit on the toilet to try and make, but I don't know if she'll associate pishing and sitting down. We'll see!

Also, to train boys with aim, I used to let them throw 3-4 cheerios in the toilet before starting and tell them to try to make the cheerios "swim".

Jo

Post Sat, Jan 20 2007, 11:25 am
btMOMtoFFBs wrote:

to train boys with aim, I used to let them throw 3-4 cheerios in the toilet before starting and tell them to try to make the cheerios "swim".

We did the same thing for a few days. Made it more fun.

We actually got DS peeing standing up quite soon after we started the toilet training. Just told him that he can be a big boy and pee in the toilet like daddy does....he got the hand of it pretty fast and now he is 3 and has very few accidents.
Pooing however is a different story.... Exploding anger Crying

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Jan 21 2007, 7:39 pm
he prefers to walk around naked now...not interested in the underwear, though I got it on for a couple of hours a day...
problem is, he has more accidents with the underwear on...but I guess that's normal!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training