Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Sleep or Play?

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Mar 17 2005, 7:15 pm
My 8 month old just isn't a sleeper!!
Lately when I go to put him to sleep, he gets all jumpy and excited. I nurse him, let him lay on/near me until he's sleepy...then I put him in his crib to fall asleep and...it's party time!! He pushes himself to stand up in his crib!!
Last night it took me an hour to put him to sleep!
Then it's not like he sleeps 8-8 or the like, as other babies do...he sleeps like 9-7:30 or so....and during the day his naps aren't on a schedule...sometime he only naps 1-2 hours...is that normal for an 8 month old?? I'm afraid he's not sleeping enough but what should I do??
(PS and no, he doesn't sleep straight thru the night...he does wake up every 3 or so hours to nurse!)
I do love him dearly!

shoy18

Post Thu, Mar 17 2005, 7:35 pm
brachad wrote:

(PS and no, he doesn't sleep straight thru the night...he does wake up every 3 or so hours to nurse!)
I do love him dearly!

did you ever try letting him cry it out? at first it might be torture to hear him cry but babies learn very fast, and if you dont come to them at night, eventually they'll stop getting up, but if you keep going to him he'll keep geting up.

RedVines

Post Thu, Mar 17 2005, 9:31 pm
I completly understand, except for my 11 month old she screams so high, Tonight I just started the cry it out stage of sleep training. It is really hard but she is quiet now. I put her down fully nursed and I knew she was tired at 9 she woke up 15 minutes later and was screaming. I just continued preparing for shabbos. Thats the key- you have to distract yourself. and she is sleeping. I just hope I can get through the night. I read that there is no reason that she should nurse in the middle of the night. So I am finished....as for you I would start the bedtime routine I.e bath, p.js, shema by crib and then goodnight leave. Let him sleep,play, cry whatever, although I would probably still take him in the middle of the night. Hope this helps...I am right with you on this!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics