Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
The Will by Chaim Greenbaum

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 12:28 am
I'm reading it now, and finding it hard to put it down, but I also forget the story between reads. IT's truly amazing though. anyone else read it?

humorousmommy

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 1:05 am
im actually deep into it right now! its amazing! in the beginning I had a hard time grasping what was going on but now im fully aware of whats happening...I even findthat I know what to expect at certain times...which is interesting!

Tefila

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 1:12 am
I finished it last week. I loved it. You know once I pick something up like that. I won't read it until I find time to read the whole thing straight . Thats me I can't read anything in bits unless it;'s articles in the paper etc 8)

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 10:45 am
you know, a question just occurred to me that pokes a huge hole in the balloon that is this book. If Guiseppe had a copy of the will - He'd bought off the hospital cuz he had the will - why was he busy harrassing the Kahns for their copy fo the will, even asking what's in it? The whole book just gets deflated once you know this part of the story...

...also if Rafalo had left his bank to Avreimel, why didn't Itzik just pull out his copy of the will and present it to the Kahns, whether before or after the court case? that whole part of the book also goes up in smoke because the Eisenfeld will was never used...

I hate books that have huge red herrings that never turn into anything, just make you read another 200 pages...

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 11:33 am
I loved it- I read it a few months ago. It was so hard to put down that I think I read the whole thing in a few days. You know, staying up till 1 am just to read some more.
Mindy, did you finish it yet? A lot of questions regarding the different wills are answered at the end.
I can't remember all the details, so until I read the book again, I can't answer your question.

queenyemk

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 12:10 pm
Mindy I'll explain but until you say that you done, I can't so you'll have to wait. Speechless

I LOVED THIS BOOK!!
I took me awhile to read, but on Shabbos is when I sped thu it.

The end is just ... I can't say.

I have never read books like this in the secular world. It's so cool how they combine and interweave the stories.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 12:28 pm
okay, ill finish the book first and come back if I have any more quesitons Smile

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Oct 11 2006, 12:47 am
Mindy wrote:
you know, a question just occurred to me that pokes a huge hole in the balloon that is this book. If Guiseppe had a copy of the will - He'd bought off the hospital cuz he had the will - why was he busy harrassing the Kahns for their copy fo the will, even asking what's in it? The whole book just gets deflated once you know this part of the story...

...also if Rafalo had left his bank to Avreimel, why didn't Itzik just pull out his copy of the will and present it to the Kahns, whether before or after the court case? that whole part of the book also goes up in smoke because the Eisenfeld will was never used...

I hate books that have huge red herrings that never turn into anything, just make you read another 200 pages...
youre right! I'm glad I read the whole thing... I know the answers....

1. Guiseppe was harrassing them for the will cuz he didnt want them to go to court and besmirch his name, which they did...

2. Itzik did tke out his copy to the kahns, at the end of the book... but it wasnt used because the REbbe had told them not to.

Two things I'd like to add about this book:

1. I like the way that emunas chachamim ended up being an ongoing thread as a moral of the book.

2. The book totally came apart when Yaron Kaspi actually took Nati's word that Itzik was not theh Russian and Giora was, and that he sould trust him and help him set up a sting operation. Oh please! Yaron hated Itzik to death, wanted to see him shot before he arrived to Israel, and all of a sudden he trusts Nati, and yeah, sure, it's giora shagai, let's catch him... that part was too unbelievable. In any case since Yaron wanted to see Itzik dead too, why would he care if Giora got him or not?

how does the head of the Shabak go from praising Itzik to the skies one day and then wanting to kill him the next?

Oh, and how was "the russian" in Rome, in Luxembourg, in Paris, etc etc and NO ONE in Shabak knew that Giora Shagai happ[ened to be in Rome , Paris etc at that time??? Or did he say he was on vacation/field work etc and then go to Rome?

Whatever, it was a great book Smile

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Oct 16 2006, 11:59 am
You all sound so fascinated; too bad neither the NYC or Brooklyn library has a copy...............

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Oct 16 2006, 12:57 pm
try the lady fromt hte selig gourson bookmobile, I got it from her. She lives in crown heights.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Oct 16 2006, 1:01 pm
I don't know what that is.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Oct 16 2006, 1:21 pm
theres a lady with a van who comes to bp, willy and flatbush eveyr week and rents books. I can pm you her cell # and ask her if she ahs evening hours in CH.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Oct 16 2006, 2:17 pm
Oh, a paid thing? Uhhhhhhhhhhhh

realeez

Post Sat, Oct 28 2006, 9:48 pm
I just read it over Shabbos! Yes all 700 pages! My kids were all sick and only happy lying down on me so I had time to read! I loved it!

queen

Post Sat, Oct 28 2006, 10:38 pm
I just finished borrowed time and was looking for a new book.... sounds like the will- will be it.... Very Happy
thanks ladies for the recommendation.

Mama Bear

Post Sat, Oct 28 2006, 11:19 pm
SaraG wrote:
Oh, a paid thing? Uhhhhhhhhhhhh
its still cheaper than buying the books.

She takes $8 for an annual fee and $3 or $4 per book. I can give you her cell # if you want.

de_goldy

Post Sun, Oct 29 2006, 3:13 am
SaraG there are libraries in ch where you could definitely get it. if not, find smoeone who has it and borrow it from them. so many people buy these books, I'm sure you can find someone to lend it to you.

ILOVELIFE

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 9:50 pm
I have no interest in rdg this book as it's too long. I have this apathy towards s/thing that drags on....but my sils tell me I'm missing out s/thing REALLY good
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room