Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
The TABLECLOTH in your Sukkah
1  2  Next

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 11:25 am
What kind is is and what does it look like?

Chani

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 1:41 pm
battenburg lace - off white. Too small for my regular dining room table but I've hung onto it through the years just for Sukkos.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 1:57 pm
Chanio, do you worry about leaving a "good" tablcloth out in the rain?

su7kids

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 2:27 pm
We use our regular Shabos white table cloth, and cover it, as we do on Shabbos, with a plastic cover, which we buy in the paint department (drop cloth) so we can just throw it away when it gets dirty - we use a new one each meal.

Annie

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 11:50 pm
We do what we do with our regular dining room table -- a shabbos tablecloth on it for shabbos/yom tov and a "regular" cloth on it otherwise -- which is machine washable.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Oct 11 2006, 9:45 am
Our sukkah is not big, so I don't want anything with much of a '"drape" because that's not comfortble.

I don't want a fussy dining room type table cloth with a pad, liner, lacy tablecloth, and plastic cover on top in such a small space, either. It rains a good bit during Sukkos and that's not good for a good tablecloth.

I guess I should start early for next year, to find either a nice flannel backed or something else....

shopaholic

Post Wed, Oct 11 2006, 10:07 am
I bought a white on white patterned plastic tablecloth from the roll at Auctionware. Then I cover it each meal with a disposable plastic. Now I don't need to worry about it getting ruined when it rains overnight.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Oct 11 2006, 10:18 am
Momof3, that’s pretty much the problem. I really hate those disposable plastic tablecloths.

Since we moved, not only is our sukkah so convenient, we have a dishwasher, so we are using china in the sukkah. It doesn’t feel “right” on a plastic tablecloth.

pinktichel

Post Wed, Oct 11 2006, 10:40 am
If you like to keep your table covered at all times, just buy one that momof3 has and tape it down so you don't see it when it's covered by your regular shabbos cloth. Take the good one off after eating. This way, if it rains, you can dry it easily.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Oct 11 2006, 11:33 am
Nah...a job like that I don't need.

momtomany

Post Wed, Oct 11 2006, 6:30 pm
I have a plastic (not disposable) tablecloth thats very pretty. it has a nice flower design and is the pefect size for my tiny sukka table.
I got it in walmart as a remnant, which was amazing since I would have spent much more for it. it was only a dollar or two.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Oct 11 2006, 7:22 pm
Plastic one, or just the table.

raizy

Post Mon, Oct 16 2006, 12:31 am
I use my old shabbos tableclothes. when one get wet or dirty I put on my next oldest one. I also use plastic to cover it. with all my kids in all. it amazes me how the grape juice can go under the plastic tableclothes and still make my tableclothe dirty each and every meal!!! I guess I will wait till they are all older to get something nicer.!!!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Oct 16 2006, 9:59 am
I don't know about waiting until the kids grow up, I want something "nice" now......so I'm going to look IYH during the year.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 5:35 pm
After hearing sukkahs go up all day, I'm relieved that I got the tableclothes I wanted - they are in the linen closet - and that I bought TWO of them!

greenfire

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 7:00 pm
good for you ...

I have a slew of easy wash table cloths and I don't leave anything out ... but don't care if they accidently get rained or spilled on ... I do also have disposeable covers that I do not much use ...

Marion

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 8:30 pm
Halevai we should have rain on Sukkot that I should have to worry about it in the sukkah!

I just use a regular tablecloth (Shabbat one for YT, chol for chol hamoed) and take it off between meals.

hila

Post Mon, Sep 17 2007, 1:43 am
I guess Marion is having trouble sleeping (posting at 3am) .
we have a folding table in the sukka which I take down at night so tehy can sleep there. And we use regualr tablecloths in the day.

As Marion says- BeH it will rain enough to worry about !

Have not yet heard too much banging with sukka building yet, mostly people start after YK. Expct Motsash to be noisy.

Gmar tov

mugsisme

Post Sun, Sep 23 2007, 1:05 am
CM, I also use my "old" good Shabbos table clothes. I get a very heavy plastic (clear vinyl, 12 gauge) from Joann's (a fabric store). I put it on the table cloth, and then toss a plastic on top of it. The cheap disposable table cloth sticks to the heavy plastic, and protects it as well. The cheap plastic pulls off.

This year I think I am going to get tea lights for the sukkah, since I don't want to bring my silver out. I hate worrying about it all yom tif.

Leah

miriamnechama

Post Sun, Sep 23 2007, 4:26 am
my regularshabbos table cloth. btw leah it is dangerous to light in the succa even tea lights.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics