Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
I'm fish-sitting...emergency!!!

bubby

Post Fri, Jun 24 2011, 12:28 pm
My neighbor asked me to fish sit for the summer...but she didn't give me any food Rolling Eyes poor things need feeding & the place on EP is closed. Anyone in CH have any fish food? I'll send DS!

TIA

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jun 24 2011, 12:31 pm
I can stop by the pet shop near my office. I'm not leaving until 3:30 though and I have to make several stops; I won't be home until at least 5 PM.

paprika

Post Fri, Jun 24 2011, 12:34 pm
Perhaps the fish abuse hotline would have some food? Wink

Maybe a local dr. office has a fish tank, or any store that attracts kids?

Cookiegirl

Post Fri, Jun 24 2011, 12:39 pm
Fish can eat foods that you may have on hand, also, in a pinch. Different for goldfish or tropical fish. You can google "Household foods that can be fed to fish." If you don't have easy access, PM me, and I can send you info. (Do not feed them matzah meal, which will expand inside the fish...not the gefilte fish you really want for Shabbos).

life'sgreat

Post Fri, Jun 24 2011, 1:09 pm
What kind of fish is it? How big is the tank? Is it just 1-2 goldfish? Big tanks often use an automatic feeder. It's odd that they didn't talk to you about feeding etc..

life'sgreat

Post Fri, Jun 24 2011, 1:09 pm
Also, walmart and target should have basic fish food.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jun 24 2011, 1:12 pm
As unsafe as I always tell people who post this online, the controller just left and I'm running the whole office by myself right now.

Bubby, if you want me to get fish food, you gotta PM me soon. I have to do the mail and go to the bank and a bunch of other stuff which means I won't be online much longer.

What kind of fish are they ?

bubby

Post Fri, Jun 24 2011, 1:29 pm
3 goldfish. No Walmart or Target nearby, no car, no time. CM, thanks for the offer, I don't want you to go out of your way, on a Friday especially! I'll do the Google thing & report back

bubby

Post Fri, Jun 24 2011, 1:36 pm
Well, that was helpful. Shrimp. Hardboiled egg yolk, but fish it out of the bowl cos it pollutes. Rolling Eyes Molluscs (are they cannibals?) Shelled peas (my mind is boggling how they eat that!!)

Wonders & miracles!!! My DS works near a Petco & he just told me he's stopping by on his way home. So thank you, CM, very kind of you, but since he has MY car he can get it!!!

Whew her plants are already in danger! At least Curly, Larry & Mo won't die of starvation. LOL

Cookiegirl

Post Fri, Jun 24 2011, 4:57 pm
Well, just for the record- I was thinking more along the lines of the following for goldfish (some of which you might have before Shabbos):

Raw: shredded spinach, shredded lettuce and ground beef.

Cooked (baked, steamed or boiled): Potatoes, beans, peas, egg yolk, broccoli, and cauliflower.

But anyway, the Petco solution is great!

Happy fish-sitting :-)

Barbara

Post Fri, Jun 24 2011, 5:48 pm
bubby wrote:
Well, that was helpful. Shrimp. Hardboiled egg yolk, but fish it out of the bowl cos it pollutes. Rolling Eyes Molluscs (are they cannibals?) Shelled peas (my mind is boggling how they eat that!!)

Wonders & miracles!!! My DS works near a Petco & he just told me he's stopping by on his way home. So thank you, CM, very kind of you, but since he has MY car he can get it!!!

Whew her plants are already in danger! At least Curly, Larry & Mo won't die of starvation. LOL

What happened to Shemp?

Good Shabbos.

bubby

Post Sun, Jun 26 2011, 12:15 am
Who's Shemp???

shanie5

Post Sun, Jun 26 2011, 2:28 am
bubby wrote:
Who's Shemp???

The 4th Stooge!

mominisrael2

Post Sun, Jun 26 2011, 4:45 am
My dad always feeds his fish Cheerios Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets