Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Aharon ben Moshe - help save him from cremation

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Jul 13 2011, 7:20 am
Aharon ben Moshe was a 24 year old who took his own life (in June) in Florida, where he was living with his mother, since she left his father 8 years ago and took the kids.
Now she wants to cremate him. The father took her to court in the U.S. and lost. He has one week to appeal and is requesting that people say tehillim and do mitzvos for Aharon ben Moshe, in order that he merit a proper Jewish burial.
Visit this site http://saveajewfund.org/ to see a video of the father and sister explaining the matzav. If you can donate - please do.

Chessed shel Emes.

Chloe

Post Wed, Jul 13 2011, 8:11 am
This is sooo sad.
They should get in touch with all proper authorities and organizations. This must be stopped!

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Jul 13 2011, 8:14 am
http://www.chesedofflorida.org/ is helping them.

ILOVELIFE

Post Wed, Jul 13 2011, 6:04 pm
so so sad!!!

amother

Post Wed, Jul 13 2011, 6:28 pm
This case needs to be handled by a rzbbi or rabbanit in kiruv, open, who has seen it all and has charisma.

anon for this

Post Wed, Jul 13 2011, 7:46 pm
The website is the original post seems to blame his mother for his suicide because she moved him to the US 8 years before and because she had a gun in the house. I understand his father and sister are suffering, but in my opinion it's still wrong to blame her. Besides, posting that on their website may not be helpful in encouraging her to agree to burial rather than cremation.

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Jul 13 2011, 11:57 pm
anon for this wrote:
The website is the original post seems to blame his mother for his suicide because she moved him to the US 8 years before and because she had a gun in the house. I understand his father and sister are suffering, but in my opinion it's still wrong to blame her. Besides, posting that on their website may not be helpful in encouraging her to agree to burial rather than cremation.

I don't really care who's to blame for his suicide.

All I care about is him getting a proper Jewish burial.

Is it so hard to say a kapitel tehillim for him?

anon for this

Post Thu, Jul 14 2011, 7:02 am
ChossidMom wrote:
I don't really care who's to blame for his suicide.

All I care about is him getting a proper Jewish burial.

Is it so hard to say a kapitel tehillim for him?

I didn't mean to offend you with my post. Of course I want him to have a proper Jewish burial, and I did say tehillim for him.

Dealing with the suicide of a loved one is difficult enough, and there's usually plenty of guilt to go around for all of the survivors. Some people deal with the pain by blaming others, but generally no one is to blame. Maybe my perspective is different because I did experience plenty of unjustified blame after someone close to me suicided.

In my opinion, the website should focus on the importance of Jewish burial. Discussing the fact that his mother moved him to the US 8 years previously and owned a gun isn't relevant to that central point. Blaming Aharon's mother for his suicide may also put visitors to the website off from donating or supporting the cause. And it certainly won't encourage her to cooperate with them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed