Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
City mini double or city select double

amother

Post Sat, Jul 23 2011, 1:28 pm
What do u say?
I need a strong stroller that can wheel easily on and off of bumpy concrete sidewalks, in stores meaning no too wide, and I want to make sure both kids get enough shade and are comfortable.
Price wise these sound reasonable.
TIA Smile

Shuly

Post Sat, Jul 23 2011, 3:15 pm
They are totally different price ranges. Do you live in Israel? Are you going to be bringing it up steps?

amother

Post Sat, Jul 23 2011, 3:20 pm
OP here- I don't live in Israel & where I live they help you everywhere- in stores, even near where I work. Just getting in & out of the car should be quick. Is it $100 difference or more?

Dev80

Post Sat, Jul 23 2011, 3:21 pm
as a double, the select is kind of hard to get up and down the curb, not to mention steps.

amother

Post Sat, Jul 23 2011, 3:22 pm
I meant that its imp to me that folding it & putting into the car will be quick & easy

Shuly

Post Sat, Jul 23 2011, 5:23 pm
You can see both strollers on video:

lakewooder

Post Sat, Jul 23 2011, 11:47 pm
The city select is heavy and difficult to fold. It is also a lot more expensive. The city mini is lightweight, easily folds in and out of cars and pushes nicely. (I personally have a city mini) If you want something that wheels really easily on bumps etc. maybe look at the city elite double - it is side by side like the mini but it is a more built version. It has the air filled tires which make it easy to push. It's also much heavier so harder to put in and out of cars

esther s

Post Sat, Jul 23 2011, 11:48 pm
the select is about $250 more, as the base price is 500 and it costs about 150 for the second seat

amother

Post Sun, Jul 24 2011, 12:03 am
I practically consider my City Mini Double to be my car! Use it constantly and LOVE it.
Folds like a dream, can fit into (most) doorways, and is more agile than anything else on the market. Durable, too - a real workhorse.

Btw, I found mine on craigslist for 250 - just saying. The seat material comes off easily, and you just toss it into the washer (make sure to snap it back onto the frame before drying, otherwise it will shrink, according to the company.) That lopped $150 (at the very least!) off the price, and there wasn't even much traveling involved - got it from an Italian lady in Brooklyn. Just letting you know...

Hatzlocha Rabba! And make sure not to leave it outside - it's a hot "steal and resell" item in some cities, unfortunately.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics