Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Husbands bathing daughters

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Oct 19 2006, 2:11 pm
What age is too old for our husbands to be bathing our daughters? (Age of daughters, not of husbands, lol)

stem

Post Thu, Oct 19 2006, 2:13 pm
IMO around the time she starts taking showers and bathing herslef, neither the mother nor the father needs to be "hands on" bathing her.

chen

Post Fri, Oct 20 2006, 7:33 am
I would think by three the latest, earlier if she shows discomfort. If you're dressing your dtr. tzniusdik, then her dad should not be bathing her any more, don't you think? (Excepting single dads who unfortunately have to be both mom and dad.)

I'm fairly certain my dh bathed my dtr only when she was actually a baby, although I bathed ds till they could bathe alone (though for years I wondered whether they were really bathing or just playing.)

lubcoralsprings

Post Fri, Oct 20 2006, 7:48 am
I think age three, when she realizes her anatomy. You want her to understand tznius and I think by "girls only" you are helping to promote that.

Imhappy!

Post Fri, Oct 20 2006, 7:56 am
my husband sometimes bathes my 3 year old and I never thought into it. I guess at a certain age it should stop... I think it comes on its own. when they are embarresed to be seen in underwear... like my 3 year old has no problem running around in an undershirt and panty and she sleeps with a pamper and DH is so kind and many times puts her on PJ's.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Oct 20 2006, 8:02 am
I don't remembr what we did, I just remember being unhappy b/c dh refused to do it "too early" IMO and I had another thing to do....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics