Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Looking 4 clean comedies to watch with DH

balibusta

Post Sun, Jul 31 2011, 9:20 pm
any ideas for clean comedies to watch with husband?

Headspace4all

Post Sun, Jul 31 2011, 9:32 pm
It's a romantic comedy so not so sure how much he'll go for it but "while you were sleeping " is adorable. also not exactly a comedy but "oceans eleven" is good. Comedies tend to get raunchy and explicit and vulgar. Non comedies that are amazing Angels and Demons, and Inception, and Minority Report, those are amazing pretty clean and not depressing or girlish or violent. good luck!

OutATowner

Post Sun, Jul 31 2011, 9:37 pm
From what I remember Minority Report has a s-x scene in the beginning and is not too clean throughout.
What about the old stuff? I love Lucy, d!ck Van Dyke, Andy Griffith...

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Jul 31 2011, 9:44 pm
arsenic and old lace is classic.

jaysmom

Post Sun, Jul 31 2011, 9:45 pm
you've got mail

sushilover

Post Sun, Jul 31 2011, 9:49 pm
It really depends on what you consider clean.

My husband loved Mrs. Doubtfire. I wasn't crazy about it, but it was fun to watch with him. It was pretty clean, though I do remember some references to homosexuality and genitals.

Patch Adams- funny and touching. It's about a former mental hospital patient who wants to become a doctor and on the way, tries to change the way doctors see patients.

Not technically a comedy, but some parts are really funny- Pirates of the Caribbean (especially the first) some kissing and some cleavage shown.

Mr Bean's holiday- It's a favorite of ours

This may sound immature- but we are two adults who LOVE watching pixar films. Toy Story, Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo... they're clean and really funny!

Headspace4all

Post Sun, Jul 31 2011, 9:52 pm
OutATowner wrote:
From what I remember Minority Report has a s-x scene in the beginning and is not too clean throughout.
What about the old stuff? I love Lucy, d!ck Van Dyke, Andy Griffith...

I'm not sure if I would call that a seks scene but yes u see a couple in bed suggestive of it. The rest is fine I think. It's not a very recent movie, how did u remember that? I'm not sure how old OP is but those shows and movies are seriously outdated and not relatable to anyone under 30.

OutATowner

Post Sun, Jul 31 2011, 9:57 pm
I'm 24. All the old stuff is coming out in DVDs in sets.
I remember it because I was told it was clean and remember being shocked that it wasn't. (and I watched plenty growing up)

eraiser

Post Sun, Jul 31 2011, 10:06 pm
I haven't seen it with my hubby but I think he'd like it: My Big Fat Greek Wedding. So funny, and if it doesn't remind you of your own family, I don't know what will.
does have some kissing and some references, though.
We like to watch the old movies. more recently we saw The Sting and it's very clean and action filled, and similar to the Oceans thing.

6coop

Post Sun, Jul 31 2011, 10:24 pm
Dh and I just watched Megamind. It's animated, but it was really funny. We also love the Shrek movies.

zaq

Post Sun, Jul 31 2011, 11:07 pm
If you can get videos of I Love Lucy and The Honeymooners, you've got it made.

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Aug 01 2011, 12:29 pm
Shrek, Finding Nemo, Shark Tale, Ice Age, although kids films, they have loads of jokes only adults will get and are reallly funny!

My big fat greek wedding is also good but not so clean as is mrs doubtfire.

We just watched Grown Ups and that is really ROFL!! I had to pause the movie so many times to catch my breath before another bout of laughter LOL really good. No explicit kissing or s-x scenes but there is reference.

Dev80

Post Mon, Aug 01 2011, 12:36 pm
some more pixar movies: despicable me, meet the robinsons, the incredibles, cars 1 and 2, kung fu panda

Dev80

Post Mon, Aug 01 2011, 12:57 pm
also osmosis jones, part animated and part "real life"

bigsis144

Post Mon, Aug 01 2011, 1:16 pm
Groundhog Day is HILARIOUS, a few scenes my parents fast-forwarded through when they let me see it as a teenager, that I still fast-forward through as a married lady (so I don't know exactly how "unclean" it actually gets, LOL)

And as you can see from my sig, I'm a really, really big fan of the Muppets. Try to find the full Muppet Show tv series on DVD, the original stuff from back in the 1970s. Utterly brilliant. The Muppet movies are lots of fun, too -- my personal favorites are The Great Muppet Caper and Muppet Treasure Island (and both have really good music, too).

Last edited by bigsis144 on Mon, Aug 01 2011, 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

puppy

Post Mon, Aug 01 2011, 1:18 pm
Laurel & Hardey is nice too!

honeygold

Post Mon, Aug 01 2011, 3:44 pm
"The Pacifier" its hilarious and pretty clean maybe a kiss in it thats about it

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Aug 01 2011, 3:50 pm
There is also a movie called look who is talking a babies life from the view of the baby. The trailer looks hysterical but ive never seen the actual movie.
There is also look who is talking 2

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Aug 01 2011, 4:00 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
arsenic and old lace is classic.

One of my all-time favorites.

PAMOM

Post Mon, Aug 01 2011, 5:30 pm
Brining Up Baby (also Katherine Hepburn) - very funny! Marx Brothers movies
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics