Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Phil and ted double or baby jogger city select double

blueyes

Post Mon, Aug 08 2011, 8:12 pm
I need a new double stroller asap. Please help me decide between a phil and ted and baby jogger city select. I've tried researching as much as I could and I still have no idea. or maybe theres even a better double?

Dini20

Post Mon, Aug 08 2011, 8:22 pm
I love the city select. I don't like that on the phil & ted's one kid is underneath. On the city select they can both see out. & you can face both seats either way.

mazaltov

Post Mon, Aug 08 2011, 8:28 pm
Do you mean the Phil and teds vibe, classic, dash etc... where the seats are on top of each othet? I have the vibe and I LOVE it! It a super easy ride, or shall I say push, and my kids love it tooa! they dont mind sitting on the bottom cuz they like to see everything at eye level.
the only "down" side to it is that the basket is kinda small and in order for me to put a diaper bag in, I need to make sure I put it in before I put my baby cuz otherwise it gets really squishy. But I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Good luck- let me know if you have any other questions....

yOungM0mmy

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 3:49 am
I also have the Phil and Ted (Sport - 3 1/2 years old) and love it! I love that it's so flexible about seating - either kid can sit on top or bottom once they are not newborn, so if one is sleeping, just lay back the big seat and stick the second seat on top. I love that it's so easy to push, easy to fold (although not 1 handed), and easy to fit any place. And all my kids love it, none ever complain about having to sit on the bottom, even my 5 year old, and they are very comfortable. Yes, the basket is small, and I have to put the diaper bag in first, but there is a snap on the side that I just keep open, so I can stick in or pull out little things without squashing the kid or making them get out. Plus it has the attachment for my maxi cosi car seat.

chulentalakiddush

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 7:48 pm
I also have the phil and ted and my younger son was never happy in the back. He hated it as an infant and I always found it difficult getting him into it- like putting a pizza in an oven. When he got older hated being in the back seat. Now he's 2 and rides in the front and my older son will sit in the back if he's really tired but mostly he doesn't use it. However, it is really easy to push and handle and now that I only have one child using the stroller I can use the back as a huge basket!

redt85

Post Fri, Aug 12 2011, 10:21 am
I have the Brirax B Ready with the second seat and I am enjoying it. It is similar to a phil and teds. The nice thing about it is the seat on the bottom goes all the way back and the baby is almost flat. The push is very nice and I like having the baby on the bottom next to me, if his paci falls out of his mouth I can just bend down and pop it back in or fix his blanket and not have to stop and go to the front. Make sure you go and push the strollers around before you decide and see what feels best.

momof3littleguys

Post Mon, Aug 15 2011, 10:21 pm
I love the city select stroller. The phil and teds is good but the second seat does not recline at all. The city select both seats recline and the push is good too.

Honesty

Post Mon, Aug 15 2011, 10:30 pm
blueyes wrote:
I need a new double stroller asap. Please help me decide between a phil and ted and baby jogger city select. I've tried researching as much as I could and I still have no idea. or maybe theres even a better double?

My sis was doing a lot of research on both---and got much better recommendation on the CIty select. She has it 6 months and loves it. My friend had Phil and Teds and was unhappy. SHe just gave it away and bought herself a city select.

Good Luck!

Success10

Post Wed, Aug 24 2011, 6:06 am
Does the Phil and Teds have the option to be only a single? I like it because it seems so much narrower than the City Select, very important if you live in Israel. But otherwise everyone seems to reccomend the Select.

Dimpled

Post Wed, Aug 24 2011, 7:01 am
I Have the phil&teds (sports buggy) and I hate it. I preferred it over the citi mini since I wanted a narrow stroller that can fit through doorways.
and to the poster that asked- yes it can be used as a single and as a matter of fact that's how I use it. the child on bottom is very unhappy (and that, by the way, is just one of the minuses).
and btw- everyone I know who got it ended up selling it.

yOungM0mmy

Post Wed, Aug 24 2011, 7:08 am
momof3littleguys wrote:
I love the city select stroller. The phil and teds is good but the second seat does not recline at all. The city select both seats recline and the push is good too.

The Phil and Teds back seat does recline, although not all the way. In the sport, it just goes back a little bit, and once my kids got a little taller, their head hit the bar, so I didn't bother, but I know the newer versions have a much better recline on the back seat.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics