Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Your best Brownies!

nehama

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 7:59 pm
Almond Macaroon Brownies

4 squares baker's unsweetened chocolate
3/4 cup margarine
2 2/3 cup sugar (divided)
5 eggs (divided)
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
2 cup toasted chopped almonds (divided) (I use slivered almonds)
1 package pareve cream cheese
2 Tbsp flour
2 cups coconut
whole almonds
2 squares baker's semisweet chocolate

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt chocolate and margarine. Stir till chocolate is completely melted. Stir 2 cups of sugar into chocolate. Mix in 3 eggs and vanilla. Stir in 1 cup flour and 1 cup chopped almonds. Spread into greased and lined 9 x 13 pan.
Beat cream cheese, remaining 2/3 cup sugar, remaining 2 eggs, 2 Tbsp flour until smooth. Stir in remaining 1 cup chopped almonds and coconut. Spread over brownie batter. Bake 35-40 minutes.
Cool in pan. Remove cut into squares. Drizzle with melted chocolate and garnish with a whole almond.

shopaholic

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 8:37 pm
I just made something very similar last shabbos. I got it on the Hershey's website. Cheesecake Brownies I think. The recipe says to bake the brownies half way & add the cheese mixture & continue to bake. That overdoes the brownies. I put both as raw batters (cheese on top of brownie). I replaced the milchig ingredients with parev ones. Heaven!

nehama

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 9:08 pm
Sounds yum - please share that recipe!

shopaholic

Post Tue, Oct 24 2006, 7:05 am
We're making Sheva Brochos tomorrow night & I've been asked to make brownies. I have so many recipes at home but I've never made them, so I don't want to try them out here.

I need to make 2 or 3 9x13 pans. We're having 50 ppl I think so no 8x8 pan recipes, I don't feel like tripling the recipe.

Thanks!

tziviakayla

Post Tue, Oct 24 2006, 7:10 am
I make big melave malkas, meals, and other get-togethers often for dh's job.
I actually use DUncan Hines brownie mix...they taste so yummy and everyone loves them! easy, too!

mummy-bh

Post Tue, Oct 24 2006, 7:14 am
I use the recipe from the Spice and Spirit. I undercook it by about 10-15 minutes, that makes it go really gooey and sticky! Yum!

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Oct 24 2006, 12:58 pm
I also vote for Duncan Hines

Many friends make scratch brownies but it's a lot of work and the best ingredients are not cheap.

MMEC123

Post Tue, Oct 24 2006, 2:23 pm
There's a peanut butter brownie recipe in KBD Entertains that it amazing! I don't have a cookbook otherwise I'd post it.

shanie5

Post Tue, Oct 24 2006, 3:00 pm
This is a third vote for the duncan himes-Its what I use for my catering, and I dont normally use any mixes-but u can't top this one. any of the flavors are great.
my dd likes to add chocolate chips to them.

micki

Post Tue, Oct 24 2006, 4:00 pm
I have an amazing recipie- I'll post it soon

queen

Post Tue, Oct 24 2006, 5:07 pm
shanie5 wrote:
This is a third vote for the duncan himes-Its what I use for my catering, and I dont normally use any mixes-but u can't top this one. any of the flavors are great.
my dd likes to add chocolate chips to them.

Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers
and here's to a FOURTH vote for Duncan Heinz brownies!!! Am about to go make two batches of them.....

Smile

BlumaG

Post Tue, Oct 24 2006, 5:53 pm
my mouths watering, I found a gr8 fudgy brownie recipe
pm me if u still need it

TzenaRena

Post Tue, Oct 24 2006, 5:54 pm
micki wrote:
I have an amazing recipie- I'll post it soon
TIA micki, I'm waiting for yours because I make my cakes from scratch Wink I used imamother recipes this whole Tishrei. I keep them in a special folder. thanks everybody!

micki

Post Tue, Oct 24 2006, 6:35 pm
sorry double post

Last edited by micki on Tue, Oct 24 2006, 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

micki

Post Tue, Oct 24 2006, 6:35 pm
ok first- I don't use margarine- no trans fat in this house so I searched high and low for a recepie that worked well with I think they are called earth balance buttery sticks. they have 0 trans fat and are not hydrogynated.
I have never tried this with reg marg-

1/2 cup marg- (the above mentioned)
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1/4 tsp baking powder

cream marg with sugar then eggs and vanilla. really beat it add cocoa and beat till its almost whipped. (but not with the egg white beater) and baking powder and mix the flour in gently.

spread in a pan 8" and bake at 350 till toothpick in middle comes out dry. about 20 min

when its cool spread with the icing then sprinkle pecan peices on top (if you like) and drizzle the rest of the icing in lines just to seal in the nuts.

icing:
3 tbsp butter ( I use the smart balance spread)
3 tbsp cocoa
1 tbsp maple syrup or pancake syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup confec. sugar
1 - 2 tbsp soymilk

mix till smooth. easier if you start with room temp butter.

to note- these come out because of hte baking powder just a bit fluffy. if you don't use the baking powder, it comes out more dense.

and drizzle on but

shopaholic

Post Wed, Oct 25 2006, 7:07 am
Thanks. I made 3 of the Spice & spirit ones & I think we need a 4th so Because I've run out of marge, I'm making a Duncan Hines. I made a chocolate frosting from martha Steart & it was enough to cover 3 brownies. For the 4th I have a small recipe of icing - enough for 1 cake.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins