Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Jewish Schools!?!?!?!

timeout

Post Sun, Mar 27 2005, 11:37 am
My post is 2 part so bear with me.
My son is 3 and a hald in a headstart program and shoudl be going to yeshiva next year BUT....................

Fiirst problem is which Yeshiva to pick?, everyone says whichever one it is it's so important that you really have to know everythign about it and the children that go there.

My second problem is if I should send him at all next year he's in the headstart program and loves it, I have spoken to his teachers and they don't know. Headstart is only 12 kids and school is 30 and over.

My husband and I have been chaloshing over this decision all year and don't even talk to each other about this too much stress

ForeverYoung

Post Sun, Mar 27 2005, 11:41 am
if your child can be in a class with 12 kids, keep him there!

why does he HAVE to go to yeshiva at 4?

which yeshiva?
talk to parents about what they like & what they don't, write down pros & cons & see what u like better!!

Good luck!

timeout

Post Sun, Mar 27 2005, 11:44 am
My husband seems to think he'll get a name if I keep him in Headstart it's Yeled V'yalda. The Yeshiva we've registered for is Torah Vodass in Flatbush.

Tefila

Post Sun, Mar 27 2005, 12:00 pm
Tell your husband from me Very Happy That when I went out on shidduchim I never asked which school they went to at 3 or 5 yrs for that matter. Nor quite frankly will yeshivas care 3-4 yrs down the line!
The name will if anything last 1-2 yrs after the fact.

And if it won't affect you both which can't imagine why it should, then it for sure won't affect him.

It's ok I know what you are going thru coz my husband has a similar philosophy and I fought tooth and nail( not literally c"v) Very Happy To keep one of my sons down a class in kindergarten my idea, which teachers later agreed was best ,but wouldn't have suggested it! We are sooo glad we did now Very Happy

So you go w/h your gut feeling and remember Yeshiva could happen a year later he can always go... but can never do Headstart again after a yr in yeshiva! Hatzlacha w/h your choice and efforts!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics