Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Massaging fat away....

supermom

Post Wed, Oct 25 2006, 4:32 pm
Has anyone heard of this before? My mother in law told me that one of her students an old lady said that it works. Never heard of it but sounds strange to me.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Oct 25 2006, 4:39 pm
I've seen the infomercials. it does a little somethibg.

you won't get a 6 pack that way, though.

supermom

Post Wed, Oct 25 2006, 4:42 pm
Not expecting a six pack just all this baby fat that I have that is really annoying ugly and you name it. I am jogging and doing sit ups dieting I just feel it isn't enough.

su7kids

Post Wed, Oct 25 2006, 4:52 pm
In the olden days, when I was younger, there was a machine which was a belt which was on a pole which vibrated and you put the belt around you and it was supposed to vibrate off the fat.

Since I don't see them around anymore, I would happily say, it was a bubbe-meiser (old wive's tale) and doesn't work.

It sounds similar.

supermom

Post Wed, Oct 25 2006, 4:59 pm
I figured what can I loose to try but if you say differently.... Why would the woman say otherwise I have no idea.

cindy324

Post Wed, Oct 25 2006, 5:12 pm
Supermom, give yourself some time, you JUST had a baby!! How long has it been ? A whole month? Seriously though, I know how frustrating it is, but weightloss takes time, just keep doing the diet and execise, and the weight will come off.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Oct 25 2006, 5:13 pm
I have seen the infomercials. I have read the reports. Yes, it will burn some calories. But not a lot. Not compared to diet and cardio!

Tefila

Post Wed, Oct 25 2006, 6:04 pm
Yep I heard that hugging has the same effect...... but hey it hasn't helped me any LOL

Flowerchild

Post Wed, Oct 25 2006, 6:22 pm
yes and kissing and relations burn some good calories as well, also chewing gum.

but seriously, you will lose the weight, cardio is a great way to lose the fat, running, jumping rope, swimming, those are good. just keep going, keep dieting, keep excersising, dont weigh yourself, give yourself time, and enjoy your baby.

supermom

Post Thu, Oct 26 2006, 4:48 am
Lillyofthevalley wrote:
also chewing gum.

I have been chewing from the day I was born. Very Happy

My sils wedding is in four weeks and I got to fit into something.

What is cardio excersise?

su7kids

Post Thu, Oct 26 2006, 11:31 am
Supermom, get your baby inthe stroller and WALK. An hour a day, fast walking, that will really help.

cindy324

Post Thu, Oct 26 2006, 2:29 pm
Cardio is short for cardiovascular exercise. That would be anything that gets your heartrate up, and keeps it up for about 30 minutes a day. Examples would be jogging, speed walking, aerobics. You should work out at a rate where you can still carry on a conversation, but it would be uncomfortable to do so.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise