Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
TAKING A LOAN FOR RENT?!!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

de_goldy

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 4:05 pm
Its a shame to get yourself into a position where you have to.

Crayon210

Post Tue, Nov 07 2006, 6:40 pm
amother wrote:
when I said necessitys I ment the water for her baby that saraG decided she didnt need.

I just saw this, and I still don't understand:

Who buys water for a baby's bottle?!?!?!

Piper

Post Tue, Nov 07 2006, 9:20 pm
Crayon210 wrote:
amother wrote:
when I said necessitys I ment the water for her baby that saraG decided she didnt need.

I just saw this, and I still don't understand:

Who buys water for a baby's bottle?!?!?!

I don't know where the op lives, but I know some people who rely on well water, or in my case, the tap water is overloaded with calcium and other minerals.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 10:32 am
It could be she's makpid on filtered water. Chumras don't come cheap, ya know.

shalhevet

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 10:50 am
And not paying the rent to the landlord is fine according to halacha, right?

(I take it it was a joke choccy, lol)

chen

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 10:58 am
chocolate moose wrote:
It could be she's makpid on filtered water. Chumras don't come cheap, ya know.

then buy a filter that you can attach to the kitchen faucet, no tools or plumbing skills needed. It's a whole lot cheaper than bottled.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 11:01 am
Buying bottled water is an outlay of a few dollars....having a plumber come is hundreds of dollars, dep. on your faucets.

Not all faucets can use a cheap under fifty dollar filter.

chen

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 12:09 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Buying bottled water is an outlay of a few dollars....

forever and ever. it adds up. fast.

chocolate moose wrote:
having a plumber come is hundreds of dollars,

once, and finito.

besides, we don't know why OP is buying bottled water. presumably not because of the copepods, as she says it's for the baby and not for herself.

gryp

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 12:13 pm
you can get a Brita attachment for your faucet. theyre not that expensive. a few extra dollars but cheaper than buying bottled water.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 12:38 pm
Again, not all faucets can accomodate a filter!

JMto2

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 12:42 pm
THe thing is if this lady was serious to get her money life on track there are many ways she can do it. But it does not seem like that is what she wants to do she wants pity.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 2:30 pm
If she needs it and wants it frm us, who are we to object?

amother

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 5:01 pm
OP here. I cannot stop marveling at the amazing fact that one has to write her life story, explain her actions in detail, and answer every non associated question, just to be understood. I did not want pity. I needed to vent. I meant every word I wrote. There is meaning behind it. This website is for this purpose only. I can vent annonymously. I couldn't share this with anyone. And then I get this whole 'figuring out my personality, reasons, explanations' thing. I do not feel obligated to expose myself or my reasons or my wants, ambitions, dreams, talents, chisronos, and all that.... just to be understood by all of you. But my message here is...if someone is posting, especially annonymous, please do not do to her what u did to me!! Please listen to her WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING EVERYTHING and give her what she needs - sympathy. Or advice, without criticism. Or at least constructive criticism. If u dont have anything nice to say then KEEP SILENT, ever heard of that term?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 5:28 pm
I have called tzedekah places for help - for myself - before. That's what they do, dissect your life! Sometimes it's easier just to continue along!

gryp

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 7:44 pm
OP, I honestly dont know why you changed your tune.
your first post says clearly at the end: WHAT DO WE DO? and you got many posts telling you exactly that.

now you are saying that we dont know the details of your life so we shouldnt comment.
tell me, does it make sense to vent in a public forum without writing in all the details??
I dont get it.

HappyPurim

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 8:09 pm
we are not trying to figure or judge her personality she herself wrote exactly the lifestyle they CHOSE to live, and shes having problems now, no one can help her, she has to change her own lifestyles. I have a friend that owns three houses and is crying that she doesnt have any money, my SIL just extended her house and is also crying, I dont get that kind of lifestyle. if she would tell me they dont have a car or maybe one 1/2 running car, and no cell phones etc... maybe I would have more sympathy. Sorry for being so harsh, I just grew up differently, we buy what we can afford.

bandcm

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 8:21 pm
OP, we do not have any sympathy or understanding for someone who acts the way you describe. If we don´t know the whole story, it is your fault. From the way you told the story, we understand that you want to keep up with the Jones´s but still can´t pay the rent, and so want to borrow from a gemach. That, in many posters´minds, is irresponsible, immature and selfish.
I might turn your comment around and say, that if you don´t want people to react honestly, don´t post! Keep quiet!
if I were you I would keep quiet out of embarassment...

amother

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 12:27 pm
Whoa, u wanna 'fight', is that what u want? Not with me, sorry. I don't have the energy for that now, gotta channel it somewhere else. Btw, no one posts to get advice and follows Exactly what they say, I sure hope they got a Rav or someone who they turn for help. I for one posted, cuz I was overwhelmed and didn't get to my rav yet, so just to get along until the day ends.... Was that too much I asked for?! And all of you who are upset with all the pple out there who do all that to keep up with the Joneses, get it out on them!! Why on earth am I the culprit, cuz you assumed on your own assumptions that I was one of them, taking 'all' the facts I gave into consideration? Go and start another thread on that topic for you to vent, for heavens sake! And why I changed tune? I really wonder...
How about cuz I didn't get what I thought I would in here, what I DESERVE to get as my birthright, just for the fact that I'm HUMAN? All u out there, I'm not gonna cont. this, it's just so sad that u all went to school to learn the middos, but when it comes in life, you suddenly don't know how it comes in at all, it sounded so easy on paper huh? I wonder what u will all answer after 120 when They ask you, were u dan lcaf zchus? Oh but this time I couldn't, I got all the facts and there is no way I can do that, sorry. UH HUH, Good luck to all of you.

gryp

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 12:36 pm
Quote:
Dh is the only one of his siblings who doesn't earn a nice living,

amother, you wrote that. is that not a form of keeping up with the Joneses?

Quote:
it's just so sad that u all went to school to learn the middos, but when it comes in life, you suddenly don't know how it comes in at all

hey, it's not me who spends on luxuries and doesnt pay my landlord.

Piper

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 1:11 pm
amother wrote:
Whoa, u wanna 'fight', is that what u want? Not with me, sorry. I don't have the energy for that now, gotta channel it somewhere else. Btw, no one posts to get advice and follows Exactly what they say, I sure hope they got a Rav or someone who they turn for help. I for one posted, cuz I was overwhelmed and didn't get to my rav yet, so just to get along until the day ends.... Was that too much I asked for?! And all of you who are upset with all the pple out there who do all that to keep up with the Joneses, get it out on them!! Why on earth am I the culprit, cuz you assumed on your own assumptions that I was one of them, taking 'all' the facts I gave into consideration? Go and start another thread on that topic for you to vent, for heavens sake! And why I changed tune? I really wonder...
How about cuz I didn't get what I thought I would in here, what I DESERVE to get as my birthright, just for the fact that I'm HUMAN? All u out there, I'm not gonna cont. this, it's just so sad that u all went to school to learn the middos, but when it comes in life, you suddenly don't know how it comes in at all, it sounded so easy on paper huh? I wonder what u will all answer after 120 when They ask you, were u dan lcaf zchus? Oh but this time I couldn't, I got all the facts and there is no way I can do that, sorry. UH HUH, Good luck to all of you.

OP, how old are you? Rolling Eyes
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics