Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
TAKING A LOAN FOR RENT?!!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

Flowerchild

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 1:35 pm
op you do have a right to complain and vent and worry and ask for help, however when you mention that you have the lates cars etc, etc and you have luxuries it becomes silly to complain about not having money for rent, its obvious that you eed to curtail some spedning so you have enough money for rent which is by far more important then the latest car since you need a place to live.

alos your latest post, really sounds imature and silly, what are you getting upset at, you contradict yourself and you ramble on how the posters are so mean or what not, come on read what you wrote you sound inconsitent and silly.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 2:16 pm
Quote:
We sort of live a double life cuz no one in their wildest dream would think that we're missing any $. We drive the latest cars. Go on vacations.

I mentioned the luxuries not for the reason of living up to the Joneses. I said we live a double life. Double life as in we have the cars, cellphones and vacations, nowhere did I write that it's we who pay for it. So I don't blame anyone for thinking that instead of paying my landlord I pay for my cars, and vacations. We don't. His parent and mine give us these 'gifts' not dreaming we don't have $ for anything else. The $ we have is Frozen for a few yrs so we cannot use it. You know what? You're all right. I didn't explain myself and even if I would I am sure you cannot relate bec there are very few in my situation. So thanx everyone for trying to help.

micki

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 10:40 pm
now I am really confused. I think this is all made up, just to get sympathy, or perhaps have some kind posters here wanting to "donate " to her cause.

gryp

Post Mon, Nov 13 2006, 9:05 am
I think there is more than one amother here. the story keeps changing.

Quote:
His parent and mine give us these 'gifts' not dreaming we don't have $ for anything else

and I thought you said that you have to go to your parents for Shabbos since you dont have money for food and so that they can buy you groceries and diapers. and that your inlaws paid your $15,000 cc debt last time too.

bandcm

Post Mon, Nov 13 2006, 9:14 am
Who cares about all the additions and subtractions in the story?
Amother, you have a fancy car? I don´t care from where? Sell it.
You have cellphones? I don´t care from where? Return them.
Other gadgets and fancy toys? Sell them.
Pay your rent, buy some diapers for your poor baby, and some bread and milk for yourselves.
This whole story is pathetic.
Rolling Eyes

amother

Post Mon, Nov 13 2006, 6:46 pm
OP - it sounds like your stuck betweeen what your head is telling you - to be sensible about expenses - cutting down on the extras and just sticking to the basics and your husbands need not to look like the sore looser in his family. It is a hard place ot be in, however, I think it takes inner strength - yes strength to admit to family and friends that at this point we cannot afford brand name clothing for our kids, the latest car, an expensive vacation etc. If your husband realized and beleives (and you give him the vibes and you really believe) that making money doens't equal a successful person then he will be able to hold his head up among his family and say with confidence - no I do not have the latest, most, fanciest... to his family then they will respect him - and the respect will be not because of his money and belongings, but for his inner strength. Who knows if the rest of his family is not in your situation, looking well to do and not affording bread and pampers!! (unless if I understood wrong and you also need to live on this level "things")

Good Luck!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Nov 13 2006, 7:57 pm
I really think this thread has gone on too long.....we're not accomplishing anything anymore.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics