Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
DH's flight cancelled in Charlotte, NC - kosher food??

cranberry

Post Mon, Sep 05 2011, 10:06 pm
After sitting on the plane for over two hours, my husband's flight from Charlotte, NC to Columbus, OH was cancelled. (We live in FL.) He ate an early lunch at 11:00 am before leaving for the airport here, and only brought with him a couple boxes of cereal bars.

His original flight was supposed to land in Columbus around 6:00 pm, and then he would have gone to the grocery store to pick up food for the next few days. He's just getting off the plane now, and has to go find out when he can get another flight, but I'm guessing the earliest will be tomorrow morning since it's already 10 pm.

Does anyone know if there are any kosher restaurants or grocery stores near the Charlotte airport? Otherwise he'll probably just find a grocery store, but I'm trying to make it easier for him. He obviously doesn't have a car, but his work should reimburse him for any taxis, etc. that he needs to take.

At this point, he just wants to come home. This was a voluntary trip to help out with something that he wasn't so enthused about in the first place.

Any suggestions?

de_goldy

Post Mon, Sep 05 2011, 10:09 pm
No idea if this is near the airport.

http://www.chabadnc.org/templa.....t.htm

Happy 2B

Post Mon, Sep 05 2011, 10:09 pm
charlotte has a kosher bed and breakfast and kosher restaurants and supermarkets
call the chabad for info.. google chabbad and look up the one in charlotte it's not a bad place to have a stop over people will gladly welcome him in.

cranberry

Post Mon, Sep 05 2011, 10:16 pm
It could be 11:00 by the time he gets out of the airport. Isn't that too late to call someone out of the blue?

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Sep 05 2011, 10:21 pm
There are 24 hour Walmarts all over NC. They carry lots of kosher products.

cranberry

Post Mon, Sep 05 2011, 10:25 pm
Thanks for the info. DH just called and said they put him on a flight tonight to Philly, and then in the morning around 9:00 he's on a flight to Columbus.

I guess I posted too soon, but I wanted to try to have some information when he called me back to let me know what was going on.

Thanks again for your help.

imasinger

Post Mon, Sep 05 2011, 10:26 pm
The only real kosher restaurant is Glieberman's Kosher Mart and Restaurant, which is about half an hour or so from the airport. It's probably long since closed, though.

When DD and I had a 3 hour delay in the Charlotte airport a couple of months ago, we just got some dried fruit and nuts with hechsher at the news stands that were in the airport.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics