Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Need tips for getting ready ontime

Imhappy!

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 12:41 pm
to those of you who leave the house at the same time as the kids. are there any tips you can share??

when I leave to work I go downstairs with both kids wait for the schoolbus then drop my daughter by the sitter and then head to work... Some days are great (Ihad a early night last night...) some are not so great... .

I like to leave a clean house (b/c I come home with the kids too... on the way home I pick up baby from sitter then wait for the bus and we all come home together...) and I like having supper ready in the crockpot...

any tips..? that you really do everyday?? or are some days just....!!??

cindy324

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 1:50 pm
I don't work, but many times I like to get out at the same time as the kids. I always lay out all the kids' clothes the night before, including underwear and tights. I also , pick out my clothes and lay them out. I will also get up 10 minutes earlier than the kids so I can get dresses and put on make up so I'm all ready by the time the kids get up.

I have also heard of people who put out the cereal on the kitchen table along with the bowls and spoons so all they gotta do is pour the milk.

chen

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 1:54 pm
The day has two ends: one in the morning and one at night. If time is tight in the morning, you can do either or both of two things:

1. Do more at night and leave less to be done in the morning: clean up the kitchen, dry and put away the supper dishes, set the table for breakfast, set out your clothes and accessories and/or those of your children, measure out the cereal and raisins into covered bowls, take a shower, measure, cut up and refrigerate the things you are going to put in the crockpot, measure coffee and water into your coffeemaker, and so on.

2. Get up earlier in the morning, have the bathroom all to yourself, and while the children are in the bathroom, do whatever chores you did not do the night before.

I advocate doing as much as possible the night before just in case you oversleep, but if you go to bed not much later than your children, or you are more energetic in the morning, so be it. Know your strengths and use them to your advantage.

HealthCoach

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 1:58 pm
I have a 5 minute interval schedule that I stick to every day. 7:00 do A. 7:05 do B. 7:10 do C. I don't let my kids ask me anything in the morning that can be asked at night, no exceptions.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics