Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Kosher L' Pesach formula/baby food

Ruby

Post Mon, Mar 28 2005, 9:25 pm
Does anyone know of a kosher L'pesach baby food and formula?
Also if my formula doesn't say kosher L'Pesach does it mean that it definitely isn't?

ForeverYoung

Post Mon, Mar 28 2005, 9:56 pm
it could have been processed on chometzdik equipment

look for chalav yisroel formula thread, search 4 materna - should give you answers

miriam

Post Mon, Mar 28 2005, 9:59 pm
Does it say anything in Rabbi Blumenkranz's book?

Rivk

Post Tue, Mar 29 2005, 1:03 pm
Beech nut baby food jars are kosher for pesach - they have an oup.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Mon, Apr 04 2005, 6:41 pm
Not ALL beechnut - only the ones with the OU-P. For example, the peas and greenbeen varieties don't (kitzniyus!). So just be aware!!
About baby food...I was wondering the same thing! I actually saw in R' Blumenkrantz's book - as well as heard from someone - that they sell crushed ladyfingers which you can use as cereal. interesting, no?? Add milk or water, I think.
I wonder if you could do the same with matza meal, for those who eat gebrokts? (or even in not, maybe you're makil for a baby?

BlumaG

Post Mon, Apr 04 2005, 7:13 pm
ask a rav, my sis in alw tried the pesachdik formula b4 pesach to c how they wud react but with blood in their stools they had to stay on their regular, the rav said to make it in the bathroom

Ruby

Post Mon, Apr 04 2005, 9:53 pm
I actually called the ou today to find out about the formula I use and they said that it's fine but they can't write kosher l'pesach becasue it might contain kitniyos- in the vitamins. ( I'm talking about dairy formula, the soy is obviously kitniyos)

Tovah

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 8:05 pm
materna by mahadrein is kosher la pesach you can get in the bakery

IndyMom

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 10:39 pm
I was told to use Isomil and just prepare it and wash the bottles in the bathroom since it was kitniyos. My baby was only 10 days old at the time so I don't know if that made any difference.

Rivk

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 11:08 pm
I wouldn't use crushed lady fingers for a young baby who hasn't had eggs yet. Lady fingers are basically eggs, potato starch, and sugar.

raizy

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 11:12 pm
I use the formalla that the baby is drinking at the time. I had one baby on simalac lf and 2 babies on alumuntium and now the baby is on isomil... so whatever they are using I just wash it up in the bathroom... what is the poor baby suppose to drink and eat otherwise .should the baby starve?????

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Apr 07 2005, 10:32 pm
raizy, your baby is not going to starve. from your attitude, don't be insulted, but it sounds like you'd give your baby chametz if that's the formula he was using!! Maybe I misunderstood you, but I wouldn't do anything of the sort without first ASKING A ROV. If it's kitniyos, it's a whole different ballgame cuz that's not assur. It's just not our minhag. (Though I'd still ask a rov.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics