Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Attention:Sudoku addicts

Mevater

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 4:55 pm
Has anyone figured out a way to do Sudoku puzzles on Shabbos? Is there a Shabbos permissible Sudoku game that I'm not aware of?

I actually have an idea about how to make it a board game, but I need s/o to manufacture the game. Any thoughts on it?

shalhevet

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 4:58 pm
I have seen board games on sale in Israel, but I don't know if you can play them on Shabbos.

shanie5

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 4:59 pm
we have a sudoku board game-gotta ask dd if it can be played on shabbos though

busymom

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 5:09 pm
I've seen s/o play a sudoka game on shabbos. the game had been purchased in israel. don't know if they asked a shaila, but it probably isn't a problem. you're not calculating like adding or subtracting... you can ask to be sure.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 5:10 pm
I don't see how it's any different than anyh other word game.

Mevater

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 5:15 pm
busymom wrote:
I've seen s/o play a sudoka game on shabbos. the game had been purchased in israel. don't know if they asked a shaila, but it probably isn't a problem. you're not calculating like adding or subtracting... you can ask to be sure.

If you've seen it, how do they arrive at the right number in each of the empty squares (one by one- by process of elimination and recording the possibilities in each square) and fill in the final right number all on Shabbos w/o writing?

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 10:10 pm
I know zilch about soduku.. I can't figure out the game and I'm not trying, my life is too busy, I have enough addictions already.
however, I've seen how they look and I have an idea how we can make it shabosdig.

We can make a board with the squares, and we can print or write numbers on squares of paper. then we can cut out the numbers and put rough velcro on the back of it. and put soft velcro on the big paper full of empty squares. like this, the numbers can be removed and put into any spot.

PM me if u need help making it.

I once wanted to have a game that I saw by my x inlaws but it was nowhere to be found so I created it myself and it looked just like the real one.

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 10:28 pm
oooh if someone finds it I am really badly addicted to Sudoku

Ahuva

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 10:43 pm
http://www.universalshopping.c......html

Mammy

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 11:07 pm
http://www.stuffkidslike.com/c.....15029

They also sell it at walmart.
The pieces are clear, so you could stack the options.

Mevater

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 11:15 pm
Ahuva wrote:
http://www.universalshopping.com/sudoku-puzzle-board.html

I looked at the board. How do you record the number possibilities, in order to remember them as you're playing, in each of the 81 squares? There are usually up to about 5 different possibilities in each of the 75 or so empty squares.

AND much less of a problem, where do you get new puzzles from?

Marion

Post Tue, Oct 31 2006, 1:22 am
Maybe it's just me...I DON'T record number possibilities...I just work at it until it's full. Sometimes I guess, and I use process of elimination. If there's a Shabbos-friendly version out there, let me at it! (Maybe not. DH might kill me.)

busymom

Post Tue, Oct 31 2006, 10:31 am
The one I've seen works like this:
There's a square board, about an inch high, and the top is made out of clear plastic. A stack of different sudoku puzzles are included, and each one can be slipped into a small opening under that plastic top so that it shows through. The game comes with many little square pieces that have a # (1 - 9) on them, and those are placed ON TOP of the clear plastic board (there are small grids like some scrabble boards have, so they don't slip around). If you found you made a mistake, you just remove the piece and replace it with a different #. When the board is done, take out the puzzle and slip in a new one.
Hope this made it clear.

Mevater

Post Tue, Oct 31 2006, 1:18 pm
busymom wrote:
The one I've seen works like this:
There's a square board, about an inch high, and the top is made out of clear plastic. A stack of different sudoku puzzles are included, and each one can be slipped into a small opening under that plastic top so that it shows through. The game comes with many little square pieces that have a # (1 - 9) on them, and those are placed ON TOP of the clear plastic board (there are small grids like some scrabble boards have, so they don't slip around). If you found you made a mistake, you just remove the piece and replace it with a different #. When the board is done, take out the puzzle and slip in a new one.
Hope this made it clear.

Question Did I get you right that the game comes with not only the right number for each of the 81 suares (81 numbers for 81 squares), but for the 9 possibilities for each of the blank squares- ( almost 729 numbers)?
You have any idea where it can be bought, or the name of it or any further info on it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics