Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Warmer sterno ideas???

lamplighter

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 1:48 pm
I am not making most of YT but I will be having guests for the friday day meal. I definitely do not want to turn on a stove for 3 days or leave it on for two. In the past we have used sternos to warm up milchig food and have been very successful.
When I think of food ideas, I'm drawing a blank. What kinds of foods can we reheat with the warmers? I wanted to do salmon, but that would have to be cold, right? (you can't reheat fish- I think).
I'm looking for a nice yom tov menu that is I won't have to spend too much money on or work too hard (I'm in my 9th).

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 2:37 pm
lamplighter wrote:
I am not making most of YT but I will be having guests for the friday day meal. I definitely do not want to turn on a stove for 3 days or leave it on for two. In the past we have used sternos to warm up milchig food and have been very successful.
When I think of food ideas, I'm drawing a blank. What kinds of foods can we reheat with the warmers? I wanted to do salmon, but that would have to be cold, right? (you can't reheat fish- I think).
I'm looking for a nice yom tov menu that is I won't have to spend too much money on or work too hard (I'm in my 9th).

Not dealing with the specific sterno issue; generally something in a sauce (roast in a sauce for example) will heat well.

Salmon tastes great cold or room temperature (I prefer it that way) -- no need to heat up.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur