Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Inspiration for work

HooRYou

Post Wed, Nov 01 2006, 4:55 am
I have the best job I could imagine and after doing a deep and serious cheshbon ha nefesh I know for sure that I would rather be working than pursue the options that would allow me the luxury of not working. Still, I sometimes feel those stirrings that I would rather be doing something else. I know about Hanoch and how I am relaly just supposed to concentrate on doing the best job I can while at work, but other than justr repeating the benefits to myself what can I think of to fight back these stirrings and be inspired to work?

Thanks

withhumor

Post Mon, Nov 27 2006, 10:33 pm
I know we need to focus on the good things that your job brings you, but give me an example of what is pulling you away? You need to establish the ground rules of what you will allow to distract you.

For example if all the mommies made fresh cupcakes for rosh chodesh and you are stuck in your job, will that eat you up alive? Do you plotz when you end up folding laundry hours or days after it came out of the machine?

You need to make a list of what is bugging you and then you need to make a list of what you will aim to do to make you happy and what not.

List should look like this:

I hate it when I can’t bake for my children and other mothers can do it because they’re always home.
I hate it when I have to fold laundry when it’s not fresh and warm.

Resolution list:

I will bake on one Sunday (or your day off) per month, schedule permitting, and freeze it. I will take out one portion, one day a week to feel good about myself.

I will neglect other chores in order for me to fold the laundry when its warm, because I enjoy it much more then.

Blah blah blah
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics