Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Keeping job/career because of good pay

HealthCoach

Post Wed, Nov 01 2006, 8:50 pm
Would anyone here prefer to change careers, but stay because they would have to take a pay cut? Should people do something because they like it or because of the money?

Last edited by HealthCoach on Sun, Feb 10 2008, 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Sparkle

Post Wed, Nov 01 2006, 8:55 pm
What do you do? Just curious...

HealthCoach

Post Wed, Nov 01 2006, 9:18 pm
Actiually, I was just asking to see if anyone was experiencing that.

Last edited by HealthCoach on Sun, Feb 10 2008, 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total

R.

Post Wed, Nov 01 2006, 9:27 pm
I wouldn't look to change since life does get busy at times and the extra change becomes worth more than the extra challenge!!

chen

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 8:34 am
How unhappy are you? If you are miserable and hate going in to work every day, or are headed in that direction, then of course you should change, as unhappiness at work spills over into other areas of your life. OTOH, if you just have a vague idea that something else will be better...is that realistic?

Also, how badly do you need the money? If the money is just a luxury and you can afford to earn less, why not look for something more satisfying? Eventually, every job has its dreary aspects, and even so-called 'glamour" jobs have their drudgery, but you have to have some sort of personal satisfaction from your work if you are to maintain your sanity.

Figure out what exactly it is about your job that irks you. Are you bored? Ask your boss if he can give you more varied assignments. Is there no opportunity for advancement or more variety in the work? Then probably cutting and running really would be the best thing to do.

JMto2

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 9:24 am
If you are happy where you are I would stay especially since you are making more then you would where you would want to change to.

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 10:37 am
I'm in the same exact situation.

I don't HATE work. And b'H I've actually come to like it more than a few months ago.

But we do need the money, and I couldn't make the same money elsewhere.

If you ever wanna shmooze, send me a pm Wink

cutemother

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 10:48 am
I would probably keep the job depending on the situation. but the grass always looks greener on the other side........

amother

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 11:42 am
Oh absolutely. My job is great, and I'm thankful to Hashem that I have it, but I'd love to do something different just for the change of pace. Maybe go back to school to be a psychologist or doctor. But I make way too much where I am even to contemplate it in any serious way, at least until the kids are married, and by then I'll be old enough to retire!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics