Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
World's Most Pointless Family Photo
Previous  1  2

Boys"R"Us

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 8:42 am
I have a Mac too! If you don't want to click-and-drag, you can also click on the picture with your mouse, but don't release it - just hold it down! The options for saving etc should pop up. FYI, this click and hold feature is often the substitute in a Mac, for a "right click".

A thought...

Am I the only one here who feels a bit uncomfortable with the "bashing" nature of this thread?
I agree, it is a funny thought, but how would we feel if on a Muslim site, there was a similar thread with a photo of a group of Chasidic men?

I don't mean to sound preachy, but I always remind my kids (and myself), to stop and think about if what we are doing/saying is something we would like to have done/said to or about us!

Crayon210

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 11:48 am
No, you're not the only one.

chen

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 11:59 am
Not by a long shot.

ny21

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 12:10 pm
in last weeks jewih post

the showed a pic of a drunk chassid on the ground.

happymom

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 12:27 pm
I think its sad they have to dress that way!

batya_d

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 12:58 pm
I hope you all realize, that to secualar people, observant jewish dress and this muslim garb is only a matter of degree-- they look at us the same way....

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 4:31 pm
I don't think you're the only one.. but none of the chinese will be seeing this thread will they?

realeez

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 9:03 pm
5boysMom wrote:
A thought...

Am I the only one here who feels a bit uncomfortable with the "bashing" nature of this thread?
I agree, it is a funny thought, but how would we feel if on a Muslim site, there was a similar thread with a photo of a group of Chasidic men?

I don't mean to sound preachy, but I always remind my kids (and myself), to stop and think about if what we are doing/saying is something we would like to have done/said to or about us!

About the last part - I am the same.

When I posted this picture, it was just the fact that you can't see who is who that I found funny - I would have found a picture of BY girls wearing hooded sweatshirts turned around w/ the hoods on useless for the same reason. But, if this picture bothers anyone, I can remove it. Just give me the go ahead.

Boys"R"Us

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 11:55 pm
I didn't mean to criticize you - I'm glad you posted again, so that I could tell you that.

It IS a funny idea, that they "all look the same" (probably they don't think they look the same at all!)

But, I do think that we have to be careful on what is still basically a public website.

Even if "they" wouldn't think twice on a similar website, to post such things about Jews. Nevertheless, I think that maybe we should try to behave in a way that we would like to be treated.

The thread for whatever reason, definitely took on some racist overtones. It might be a good idea to remove it, particularly if this is one of the sections that is publicly viewable as the posts do show up on search engines such as google.

Maybe it can be moved to "controversial topics" if the mods feel it should stay? I don't know if this IS or ISN'T one of the public areas. If it is, then there would be no point moving it!

This is all jmho, anyone else care to comment?

Again, totally nothing personal to you OP, it just crossed my mind as I was reading it.

Thanks for offering to remove it. However I don't feel that it is MY place to decide - let's open it up for discussion...

Sparkle

Post Fri, Nov 03 2006, 12:36 am
Wow 5boysmom. That was a really kind and sensitive post. I wish that all imamothers could get across their opinions they way you just did. Kol Hakavod to you!

rainbow baby

Post Fri, Nov 03 2006, 3:34 am
Ok 5boysmom I've deleted the original post that I wrote because it obviously affended you, but to tell you the truth I am totally fed up with this PC rubbish that keeps being rammed down our throats. It seems no one can comment any more on anything. I live in a Christain country and more and more people are not allowed to refer to x-mas as x-mas at work because they might offend their Muslim or Hindu co workers it is totally rediculas. The thing is people of other religions don't care why should they. It gets to a stage that tensions do rise when people have to be PC the whole time.

What I wrote was a pure observation something that I have always wondered that's all. Sorry but I do not see it as being racist. I'am not a racist and I am upset that you referred to me as one. If it wouls have been a picture of a bunch of Jews dressed like that I would have been laughing as well.

Tila

Post Thu, Feb 08 2007, 3:24 pm
That is so bad!! It is like a Far Side cartoon!! I split a seam, and I am in a public library!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics