Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
What do you bake your chicken in?
Previous  1  2

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 11:39 am
You know what?

Sometimes the disp. pans are quite thin.

I learned the hard way to bake with them on a cookie sheet and I've often ruined the cookie sheet with chicken or other juice oozing out.

If I didn't have that extra measure of protection, I'd occasionally have a Friday afternoon smoky, burning mess in my oven!

A metal or glass pan will not do that to you.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 11:40 am
I've never had that happen to me.

mimsy7420

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 11:41 am
SaraG wrote:
You know what?

Sometimes the disp. pans are quite thin.

I learned the hard way to bake with them on a cookie sheet and I've often ruined the cookie sheet with chicken or other juice oozing out.

If I didn't have that extra measure of protection, I'd occasionally have a Friday afternoon smoky, burning mess in my oven!

A metal or glass pan will not do that to you.

You can use a disposable cookie sheet Smile

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 11:41 am
Lucky you, Defy; I used to have that happen to me all the time!!!!!!!

That reminds me, for Pesach I like to buy a disposable cookie sheet to protect the oven, since then I for sure use all disposables.

red sea

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 11:44 am
disposable is 100% easier, I never had a prob with and still use it for pesach with disposable lids too , I just use real cuz its healthier for pple and environ AND cuz the dishwasher washes it

queen

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 11:51 am
I have a whole BIG shelf dedicated to disposable pans in my kitchen. Large/small/round-big & small/square/cup cake/loaf/9X13/small 9X13 etc. etc.

My time is worth more to me than the actual cost of the pan. Yes, I don't disagree that it all adds up- but I add up too Very Happy

On Shabbos we go through quite a lot of pans, but it's such a pleasure throwing it all out when they're done, it's worth it all for that. Of course any pans that can be rinsed out in 10 seconds or less I save- and toivel before using again.

Ahuva

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 6:42 pm
I use disposable all the time but I often use oven bags in them.

youngmommy

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 6:48 pm
Disposable whenever I can get away with it - maybe if I had a dishwasher I wouldn't - but just the thought of washing all those pots and pans tires me out.

melalyse

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 8:15 pm
I have never made chicken in anything else besides disposable. The only things that are not made in disposable are things that are going to go straight on the table like cranberry crunch.

redhot

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 8:33 pm
I find that ALL baked food comes out best when baked/cooked in glass or oven to table ware.

But im usually lazy adn I make the main dishes in disposable tins. (cuz I serve it on serving platters anyway)

shanie5

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 8:56 pm
disposables for me. and if you buy them at amazing savings they are really not expensive

Sparkle

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 9:34 pm
I LOVE disposable aluminum pans. I buy them once a month at Costco and live out of them!

faigie

Post Fri, Nov 03 2006, 10:35 am
I use a disposable tin. or I use my oval corck pot ( which I am planning one ecoming close friends with now!)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen