Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Movie downloads

amother

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 1:16 am
Is it possible to download old or new movies on the net?
I do not want to order from Netflix. I just want to download a movie. Is there such a site?
Thank you!

Mishie

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 1:58 am
Try BearShare

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 2:02 am
There is vongo, but they don't have many movies.

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 2:23 am
I use Limewire.

::Waits for the posters who will start accusing people of stealing movies::

supermom

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 7:58 am
Kmelion wrote:
I use Limewire.

::Waits for the posters who will start accusing people of stealing movies::

Tried limewire and sharebear and what trash came up... Mad Still looking for the frisco kid so I can download it for my husband.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 8:54 am
movielink.com

supermom

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 10:34 am
Doesn't work in israel Sad . OP I use to use a website but don't remember that had old movies I will have to ask my husband though when he gets home.

cindy324

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 10:55 am
does Limewire even work anymore? Last time I tried it it was a no go, but if you have an Ipod, you can download movies onto it, for a small fee, of course it's not the same watchingn it on the tiny screen, and also you need an Ipod with lots of memory, like a 30GB one, and that's about $300.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 12:18 pm
I like Bittorrent and ED2K.

Go here: http://www.orbdesign.net/bt/ for a list of some of the best trackers (and tracker search engines). Don't be put off by registering. The best trackers invariably require it (you always have to upload as much as you download, when you register it tracks it, and bans you if you don't - this means that downloads are very fast - since everyone else uploads).

Bittorrent usually only has new stuff, if you are looking for older stuff you want ED2K.

(I would not download new stuff using ED2K you'll probably get nasty letters in you are in the USA, old stuff is usually ok, for new stuff use Bittorrent.)

For ED2K install aMule (cross platform) or eMule (windows only). If you are looking for TV shows on ED2K you'll find this site useful: http://tvunderground.org.ru/ for movies you'll just have to search, most of the good index sites are gone.

PS. supermom I did see the movie you were asking about on ED2K, but very poorly available, so it might take a rather long time (I.e. months is not unheard of) to download. However some of the bittorrent sites allow requests, you could try that but a: I'd wait till I was a member for a little while and b: some sites don't allow requests, be sure to check.

-Bdk (made up name in case you want to ask me something)

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 12:41 pm
You can borrow movies for free at the public library, you can buy them for pennies on ebay and half.com, you can get someone on craigslist to record cable or other shows for you.

You can also go to the Blockbuster store yourself.

supermom

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 12:57 pm
Thanks amother and emule is the one thanks again. I will try the one that you have requested and see what I come up with.

Mishie

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 1:03 pm
We use BearShare all the time, and it works great!

2preciousones

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 1:03 pm
starz.real.com has a lot of movies, old and new- they update every week

supermom

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 2:10 pm
Mishie wrote:
We use BearShare all the time, and it works great!

Maybe I am doing something wrong cause nothing is working for me. Can you explain to me how it works? And is it possible to see if they have the frisco kid on there?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 3:22 pm
Original Poster here,
Thank you all for your informational responses; I very much appreciate them!
I am more interested in downloading older movies than newer ones. Old ones like My Fair Lady, What a Wonderful Life, etc.
If you can make suggestions for old comedies, but good ones, I'd appreciate that too.
Thanks!

Lilkingdom

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 2:05 pm
I use www.peekvid.com all the time. You can watch many movies there, and the best part is...its free!

ss321

Post Mon, Jun 23 2008, 6:05 pm
does anyone know of any websites where I can download ISRAELI tv shows? im making a new thread to ask this also, but I figured id try here too... sorry 4 the double post embarrassed

ESB

Post Tue, Jun 24 2008, 6:14 pm
peek vid is not free. They ask for a cc for like $27.00
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics