Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Easy Pareve Pizza Dough Recipe, Anyone?

ShiraMiri

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 10:07 am
Does anyone have an easy pizza dough recipe - preferably pareve?

LikeMeDoes

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 10:12 am
I have this recipe that I use to make calzones. It's supposed to be good for pizza too but when I tried pizza, it didn't come out good, probably just my oven.

It's definitely easy.
1 pk dry yeast
1/3 C warm water
4 C plain flour
2 T oil
2 tsp salt
1 C warm water.

Pour the water (1/3 C) over the yeast and let it ferment for a few mins. Add the rest, mix and then knead till smooth. Whole process shouldn't take more than 10 mins, tops - 15.

Then I leave it to rise for 45 mins to an hour.

Bake on 350.

mendels mommy

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 10:25 am
1c wam water
1 pkg yeast

mix and dissolve

1t sugar
1/2 t salt
2T oil
2 1/2 c flour

knead together
bake @ 400-425 for 20-25 mins

I love it b/c it doesnt have to rise

youngmom

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 10:26 am
If you live somewhere near a walmart or target, you can buy it for about $2.00 with sauce.

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 12:37 pm
Really? Surprised What brand? Hashgochah? Very Happy

ShiraMiri

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 12:46 pm
Thanks for the suggestions!

rivki

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 1:52 pm
INGREDIENTS:
• 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
• 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
• 1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3. Turn dough out onto a clean, well floured surface, and knead in more flour until the dough is no longer sticky. Place the dough into a well oiled bowl, and cover with a cloth. Let the dough rise until double; this should take about 1 hour. Punch down the dough, and form a tight ball. Allow the dough to relax for a minute before rolling out. Use for your favorite pizza recipe.
4. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). If you are baking the dough on a pizza stone, you may place your toppings on the dough, and bake immediately. If you are baking your pizza in a pan, lightly oil the pan, and let the dough rise for 15 or 20 minutes before topping and baking it.
5. Bake pizza in preheated oven, until the cheese and crust are golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.

shoy18

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 1:55 pm
rivki wrote:
INGREDIENTS:
• 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
• 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
• 1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3. Turn dough out onto a clean, well floured surface, and knead in more flour until the dough is no longer sticky. Place the dough into a well oiled bowl, and cover with a cloth. Let the dough rise until double; this should take about 1 hour. Punch down the dough, and form a tight ball. Allow the dough to relax for a minute before rolling out. Use for your favorite pizza recipe.
4. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). If you are baking the dough on a pizza stone, you may place your toppings on the dough, and bake immediately. If you are baking your pizza in a pan, lightly oil the pan, and let the dough rise for 15 or 20 minutes before topping and baking it.
5. Bake pizza in preheated oven, until the cheese and crust are golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.

I just made this exact recipe for lunch today came out great

youngmom

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 9:09 pm
at target it's the target brand and at walmart it's called mia pizza (something like that). the hechsher is montreal kosher.

NotInNJMommy

Post Mon, Nov 06 2006, 8:39 am
Thanks for the info, I'll have to check out the stores near me!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Nov 06 2006, 11:21 am
My recipe doesn't even need to rise -- it does so in the oven Smile

1 package dry yeast
Dissolve with 1 C. warm water.
Let sit 5-10 minutes.

Add in:
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. sugar
2.5 C. flour
2 TBSP. oil

Mix, cover, and let sit 5 minutes.

I like sprinkling oregano on the pan before putting on the dough. It makes it smell soooo good.

It gets baked with the toppings at 425 for about 15 minutes, but a lot of times I find it needs longer (of course, that could be my really old oven).

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Nov 06 2006, 11:25 am
I use a biscuit dough.

ShiraMiri

Post Mon, Nov 06 2006, 11:26 am
I am for sure making pizza tonight!!! MMMMMMMMM!!!

Post Thu, Nov 09 2006, 12:29 pm
Trader Joe's also sells pizza dough with a hashgacha. It's $1 (I think it's 1 lb. of dough).

greenfire

Post Tue, Dec 26 2006, 6:02 pm
#1 - really quick pizza - just use pita bread instead of dough

#2 - here's mine
2 pkg dry yeast
1 1/3 cup warm water
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
2 oz olive oil
4 cups of flour

put everything but flour in bowl mix add flour knead let rest 5 min put on greased pan take flour on fingers and press into shape - bake for 10 - 15 min in 350 oven.

then start topping and bake w/toppings till cheese is yummy looking to you.

I made the nicest little deep dish pizzas yesterday (cause my son was here from yeshiva and likes homemade stuff) everyone got to top how they wanted but the crust was sooooo thick (I usually put in big oven in reg pizza pan but there was no time to self-clean so used toaster oven) They were so beautiful I could cry - and now they're gone and I want more.

su7kids

Post Tue, Dec 26 2006, 6:09 pm
youngmom wrote:
at target it's the target brand and at walmart it's called mia pizza (something like that). the hechsher is montreal kosher.

I didn't know about the target one, but the Mia Pizza I thought was only available at Walmart Super Stores. Its pas yisroel and all. Takes 9 minutes on my presto pizza maker, and all you have to add is cheese.

Is the target one the same, just repackaged? I'd be thrilled to look for it.

ltlesmartmom

Post Tue, Dec 26 2006, 6:22 pm
If anyone owns a nitra cookbook they have a good one. I can ask mom the recipe. its great!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals