Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Are there any decent paying jobs that can be done from home?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 7:44 am
embarrassed Other than stuffing envelopes, telemarketing, or pyramid schemes, is anyone aware of any decent paying jobs that someone can do from home that would be interesting to someone with a brain (without joining clubs, making an investment, or 800 number "work at home" ads that lead to nothing)? How do you find them?

gryp

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 8:05 am
what are you good at?
a while back I tried making dangling bead earrings to see if I would like it, but I didnt.
you order all the supplies from the company and they teach you what to do. they pay you for each pair of earrings you make. it takes time to learn how to make the first one and afterwards it goes pretty fast.
if anyones interested ill see if I can still find the website.
I wouldnt call it decent paying but if youre good at it and enjoy it, it might be worth it for you.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 8:25 am
I'd like to do something I'm good at ofcourse, but it's gotta be money- making- otherwise what's the point- there are many things I can do that I enjoy. But Thanks anyhow.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 1:22 pm
About the dangling earrings....... I'd say, if you can make those earrings, why not sell them yourself? Or distribute them to local shops to sell them for you?
In fact, there is a place in Manhattan, and I'm sure there are other places as well, they offer a one-day (?) course on how to make these earrings. I believe the course is about $75.
Here in Boro Park you can set up a table outside a store and sell your jewelry. I'll bet you'll get a lot of folks stopping buy and purchasing. Both ladies and girls, as well as bubbies, like these colored treasures.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 4:54 pm
Question How many pairs of earings can you sell daily, and how much can you make on each pair? also, you have to be willing to stand all day outside of a store. Noone is going to let you sell inside their store, unless you pay bigtime, and there goes your profits.

leomom

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 6:21 pm
People I know have successful home businesses doing the following:

- graphic design
- freelance writing and/or editing
- shaitel macher-ing Smile
- music classes for mothers & toddlers
- scrapbook parties (Creative Memories)
- Avon Lady
- website design (I posted a link about this in another thread the other day -- http://www.natural-jewish-pare......html)
- newsletter publishing
- medical transcription
- PR (public relations - for a specific niche)
- sewing/tailoring
- catering/cooking service
- tutoring
- music lessons
- massage therapy/acupuncture/etc. (obviously takes training)

It really does depend on what you enjoy and would like to spend your time on, plus what your set-up is as far as hours available, kids' ages/needs, etc. All of the above are honest ways to make extra income. I would stay completely away from any get-rich-quick schemes advertised on the web (including assembling all kinds of crafts - like the jewelry).

I'm sure you can come up with even more ideas, since you have many interests. That's great - hatzlacha rabba.

Last edited by leomom on Sun, Nov 05 2006, 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 6:23 pm
I just started doing ebay for a local store and BH it's goingn very well. word spread about my ebay skills that somene wants to hire me now to sell cars at $200 per car on ebay. I'm not taking the job yet, but there are jobs like this that you can find... if youre good at ebay you can advertise yourself or call up a few stores to offer your services.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 6:38 pm
Women bake cakes for pay....set up websites. Sell books on ebay. Babysit. Many ttings.

It's not a $45,000 salary with benefits, though.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 6:40 pm
Women bake cakes for pay....set up websites. Sell books on ebay. Babysit. Many ttings.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 6:49 pm

amother

Post Mon, Nov 06 2006, 12:21 am
Anyone out there a Creative Memories consultant?

I enjoy scrapbooking a lot, and this might be a good way to bring in some gelt while being a stay at home mom.

How is it money making? Thanks.

ceetee

Post Mon, Nov 06 2006, 5:57 am
Tutoring can bring in alot of money
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics