Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
HCG Diet
1  2  Next

amother

Post Tue, Oct 25 2011, 1:15 am
I am interested in doing the HCG diet. I read that there are drops and sprays. Does anyone know what the difference is? also which brand should I buy and is there a book or website that has all the info on following the diet? I tried searching online but didnt find much detailed info. I would appreciate anyone who has info and can help me start the diet.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 25 2011, 1:32 am
You should contact OOT bubby. There are many of us doing it here on imamother through her.

I know someone in Willi who is starting a group program shortly, I will be doing it with her but she does it from the same website as OOTbubby.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 25 2011, 3:55 am
I agree, contact OOTBubby. Do a search on this site for HCG diet, her information is in all the threads.

For the record, I just finished my first 40 day cycle and loved it. I'm now beginning the 6 weeks maintenance, and will be starting round 2 around Chanukah time. Can't wait!

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Oct 25 2011, 10:12 am
For full information, see my post here Lose Weight Quickly & Easily

The biggest difference between the spray and the drops is that the spray is under hashgocha of the Chof-K (and the whole program/company is run by a frum person who provides Shabbos/YT support, etc.) and the drops are not kosher certified.

The direct link to their website where you can purchase it is: http://ketomist.com/cmd.php?af=1205831

Go to that link, watch the video there and download the free eBook written by Dr. Simeons that explains HCG. There are some differences between the Ketomist diet and Dr. Simeons because Ketomist is homeopathic (most important differences are no coffee with Ketomist and vegetable quantity is unlimited per meal as long as you stick to the approved ones and don't mix them within the meal), but you will get the general idea.

Once you've done the above, let me know if you have any questions. You can PM me if you'd like and I'll then give you an email address you can use for further contact.

Or, post in one of the HCG threads here -- this one is the most helpful: HCG Diet Help

Pandabeer

Post Tue, Oct 25 2011, 11:29 am
My baby is 17 months and I'm still nursing - Can I join this diet or will it affect the nursing?

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Oct 25 2011, 11:35 am
Pandabeer wrote:
My baby is 17 months and I'm still nursing - Can I join this diet or will it affect the nursing?

The Ketomist people recommend it not be used while nursing as it may have a negative effect on your milk supply.

How much longer do you plan to nurse?

That said, there is someone who has written a blog about using it successfully (with her doctor's permission and encouragement) while nursing. You can find that with a Google search.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 26 2011, 1:26 am
Thank You OOTBubby. I ordered the product using the link you provided. I will contact you if I have any questions once I get the spray. Wish me luck.

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Oct 26 2011, 10:57 am
amother wrote:
Thank You OOTBubby. I ordered the product using the link you provided. I will contact you if I have any questions once I get the spray. Wish me luck.

Wishing you great luck with it! Just note that to get the best results you need to follow it exactly. Even a tiny deviation in protocol can have a significant impact on your loss.

I'm sure you'll do great!

amother

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 12:29 am
Welcome, Guest! - Sign-In or Create an Account

Easy to remember! » VinNews.com

Home
Archives
About Us
Contact Us

Search:

Washington - Federal regulators are ordering several companies to stop selling an unproven weight loss remedy that uses protein from the human placenta.

The Food and Drug Administration issued warning letters to seven companies that sell the protein as drops, pellets or sprays. Human chorionic gonadotropin is produced by the placenta and found in the urine of pregnant women. While it is approved for certain infertility treatments, the FDA says there is no evidence it helps reduce weight.

Many of the products cited in the warning letters claim to change “abnormal eating patterns,” and help people lose 20 to 30 pounds in as little as a month when used with a low-calorie diet, usually around 500 calories per day.

Health experts say such restrictive diets can be dangerous.

“These products are marketed with incredible claims and people think that if they’re losing weight, HCG must be working,” said Elizabeth Miller, of FDA’s division for non-prescription drugs and health fraud, in a statement. “But the data simply does not support this — any loss is from severe calorie restriction. Not from the HCG.”

The products are advertised as homeopathic remedies, or highly diluted drugs made from natural ingredients and sold with medical claims. Many doctors view homeopathic remedies as ineffective but mostly harmless because the drugs in them are present in such tiny amounts.

But the FDA said the products targeted Tuesday could be dangerous when taken as directed.

Homeopathic treatments are based on principles unverified by mainstream science, and often reference mystical-sounding concepts like “vital force” and “healing energy.”

In 1938, Congress passed a law granting homeopathic remedies the same legal status as regular pharmaceuticals. The law’s principal author was Sen. Royal Copeland of New York, a trained homeopath.

While regulation of the products is minimal, the FDA maintains a list of approved ingredients that can be used for homeopathic drugs. HCG is not among the approved ingredients.

After decades of declining use, homeopathic remedies have revived in recent decades with the burst of interest in vitamins, herbs and other unconventional treatments.

The companies cited by regulators have 15 days to respond and detail how they intend to remove their products from the market. Failure to do so may result in legal action, including seizure and injunction, or criminal prosecution.

Total2

Report as Inappropriate

About time the government started cracking down on these charlatans. Nothing but snake oil sale

Sign-in to post a comment

Email or Username.

Password.

Remember me

Scroll Up

[ Home ] [ Archives ] [ About Us ] [ Contact Us ]

Copyright © 1999 - 2011 VosIzNeias.com - All rights reserved.

Liebs

Post Sun, Dec 25 2011, 2:28 pm
Can you still get it in israel?
where?

Grandmama

Post Sat, Dec 31 2011, 6:41 pm
The FDA and the Federal Trade Commission said over-the-counter weight-loss products containing human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) are fraudulent and illegal, and the agencies have told seven manufacturers to stop selling them.

Noting that the product labels call for the pellets, liquids, and sprays to be taken in conjunction with a very low-calorie diet, an FDA official said it did not appear that oral HCG offers any extra benefit.

"There is no substantial evidence HCG increases weight loss beyond that resulting from the recommended caloric restriction," said Elizabeth Miller, acting director of the FDA's fraud unit for OTC products, during a conference call with reporters.

The recommended diets call for daily calorie intake as low as 500 calories, low enough to create a risk of malnutrition, electrolyte imbalance, cardiac arrhythmias, and gallstone formation, Miller said.

The warning letters sent to manufacturers of the products note that HCG has not received FDA approval for any weight-loss indication. The substance is approved as an injectable drug for certain forms of female infertility and is therefore clearly subject to FDA regulation.

HCG weight-loss products are typically sold over the Internet, often promoted with unsolicited "spam" emails, with such claims as "Lose 26 pounds in 26 days" and "Resets your metabolism."

According to one of the letters, sent to HCG Diet Direct of Tucson, Ariz., "The claims made on your product labeling and website ... clearly demonstrate that this product is a drug as defined" by federal law.

The companies have 15 days to inform the FDA of the steps they have taken to correct the violations. Theoretically, the firms could seek FDA approval for the weight-loss claims, but the agencies expect that they will simply stop selling the products.

If the companies do not do so voluntarily, the FDA and FTC threatened to forcibly halt their operations.

Many of these products are labeled as homeopathic remedies, but they are illegal whether the word "homeopathic" is used or not, said Richard Cleland, assistant director of the FTC's advertising practices division.

If the product is marketed or meets federal standards to qualify as a drug, but is not FDA approved, it cannot be sold legally, Cleland said.

Officials from both agencies were unable to estimate how many people have bought HCG weight-loss products, but Cleland said they were the current hot item in the lose-weight-fast category.

"Four years ago, the miracle weight-loss ingredient was Hoodia gordonii, and then it was acai berry, and now it's homeopathic HCG," he said.

"Almost more than any other, the weight-loss industry is fad-driven," he added. "Unfortunately, all too often, it is also fraud-driven."

The seven companies receiving the warning letters, in addition to HCG Diet Direct, included Nutri Fusion Systems, Natural Medical Supply (doing business as HCG Complete Diet), HCG Platinum, Theoriginalhcgdrops.com, and HCG-miracleweightloss.com.

The FDA and FTC emphasized that the letters were a "first step in halting sale" of HCG weight-loss remedies. Other companies that market such products "should also read these letters carefully and take appropriate action," Cleland said.

Grandmama

Post Sat, Dec 31 2011, 6:45 pm
the above was published on 12/06/11 in MedPage Today.

rosalie

Post Wed, Jan 04 2012, 3:04 pm
The ketomist.com owner just has to revise his page so it doesnt sound like its a drug and stuff like that... The have to change a few things and then it should be up and running again.
I started a week ago and Im down 9 lbs!!!
GOOD LUCK!!

amother

Post Thu, Jan 05 2012, 5:39 am
Liebs wrote:
Can you still get it in israel?
where?

Yes you can still get it here. I'm in my second round.
It's advertised all over.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 05 2012, 5:43 am
rosalie wrote:
The ketomist.com owner just has to revise his page so it doesnt sound like its a drug and stuff like that... The have to change a few things and then it should be up and running again.
I started a week ago and Im down 9 lbs!!!
GOOD LUCK!!

Good for you Rosalie!
I'm in my second round now. 3 1/2 weeks, down 18 lbs. so far.
Keep up the great work!
And of course, my usual shout-out to OOTBubby for her inspiration and advice.

HCGIsrael

amother

Post Thu, Jan 05 2012, 7:34 am
Yay HCGISRAEL!!!

I just finished my 3rd round and I'm down 90 lbs B"H!!!
This is a blessing as I've never lost weight in any other way!!
Chasdei Hashem ki lo sumnu ki lo chalu rachamuv!!

HCGMOM

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Jan 05 2012, 9:28 am
I just started another round also. I'm down 9.25 in 4 days (counting from pre-load weight) !

I'm only planning to to do a half round. I find I get the best effect that way -- biggest loss is in the beginning and I really like P3 eating.

Grandmama

Post Thu, Jan 05 2012, 5:37 pm
Well I would never go on this or any other fad diet. I BH have lost weight with sensible low carb dieting. Not 500 calories a day low, but low enough that I am satisfied. I eat good healthy food, and am still keeping off what I lost. But I guess there are enough people out there that are ready to try anything, no matter how dangerous it may be. I think anyone eating only 500 calories a day loses weight. With or without any homeopathic stuff. Even if it "works" you have no idea if you have done any harm so I would stay far away from this and all other types of unhealthy diets.

life'sgreat

Post Thu, Jan 05 2012, 5:45 pm
Grandmama wrote:
Well I would never go on this or any other fad diet. I BH have lost weight with sensible low carb dieting. Not 500 calories a day low, but low enough that I am satisfied. I eat good healthy food, and am still keeping off what I lost. But I guess there are enough people out there that are ready to try anything, no matter how dangerous it may be. I think anyone eating only 500 calories a day loses weight. With or without any homeopathic stuff. Even if it "works" you have no idea if you have done any harm so I would stay far away from this and all other types of unhealthy diets.

I think the idea is that they don't feel hunger while doing this (insanely) low calorie diet. But then again, WHY don't they feel it?

Grandmama

Post Thu, Jan 05 2012, 11:31 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
Grandmama wrote:

I think the idea is that they don't feel hunger while doing this (insanely) low calorie diet. But then again, WHY don't they feel it?

Placebo effect? Who knows?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise