Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Help me verify this awesome story, please!
1  2  Next

little neshamala

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 12:58 pm
So there's this crazy story I remember was the talk of the town, that my husband never heard of, thinks is crazy and never happened....problem is, the story is so nuts that if not for the fact that I remember everyone talking about it, it very well may never have happened, and if thats true im devastated because its one of my all time favorites....

does anyone remember anything, a couple of years back, about a man, convicted of murder, I believe, masquerading as a frum woman, a teacher, in a Jewish girls school in England? It was the hottest story, that the authorities busted in on the school or something, and the girls' beloved teacher was found to be a MAN, escaping from the law for years....

PLEASE, someone tell me you remember this, help me verify it!!

thank you ;-)

joy613

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 1:05 pm
I remember hearing this story too when it was the talk of town, but I have no clue if it's true. never heard anyone verify it.

Marion

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 1:10 pm
Couldn't you check it on Snopes?

amother

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 1:16 pm
I too heard the story then. as a matter of fact my sister's mother in law worked with him/her in stamford hill London in a FRUM school! but this story made me so sick at the time I didn't want to hear another word of it so don't know more details - sorry.

little neshamala

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 1:19 pm
ooh, thank you amother, my first lead! lol, would you happen to know the name of the school?

Imhappy!

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 1:27 pm
creepys....

happy12

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 1:34 pm
Why is this under finance? I thought this story was finance relared.

intrigued

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 1:48 pm
Yup! she s(he) was my niece's teacher...

groisamomma

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 1:52 pm
I can't find it on snopes.com and I'm itching to hear about it.

simchat

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 1:52 pm
He was my neighbour`s teacher and came to all the girls` weddings and danced with them... It was in yesodei hatorah girls school. Never heard he was wanted for any crime though.

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 1:53 pm
And you need to dig up this little tidbit of Lashon Harah... why?

simchat

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 1:55 pm
YESHASettler wrote:
And you need to dig up this little tidbit of Lashon Harah... why?

How is it lashon harah? The teacher is not Jewish

intrigued

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 1:56 pm
OK here's the scoop. We are talking about a non Jewish man called Mr Drew who murdered his wife and took on her identity as Mrs Drew.

He decided to come to the Frum community to hide and taught in one school in Stamford Hill and also another 2 in other communities. ( I would rather not say the names of the schools as that could be LH) Two of them being all girls and one co-ed.

He was caught because he played an instrument for the church choir and someone from one of the schools was confused why he would do that especially when "she" claimed she was Jewish and wanted to become more observant. So they investigated and this is what came out. My niece was like 12 at the time. They were all traumatised. It happened like 10 years ago.

Last edited by intrigued on Wed, Nov 09 2011, 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

peppermint

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 2:03 pm
happy12 wrote:
Why is this under finance? I thought this story was finance relared.

Maybe the OP made a bet with her husband and if she wins he has to buy her some expensive jewelery and that will effect their finances? LOL

Depressed

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 2:03 pm
Sounds like it would make a great movie. Sure beats the lame plays the high schools put on...

blue eyes

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 3:22 pm
little neshamala wrote:
So there's this crazy story I remember was the talk of the town, that my husband never heard of, thinks is crazy and never happened....problem is, the story is so nuts that if not for the fact that I remember everyone talking about it, it very well may never have happened, and if thats true im devastated because its one of my all time favorites....

does anyone remember anything, a couple of years back, about a man, convicted of murder, I believe, masquerading as a frum woman, a teacher, in a Jewish girls school in England? It was the hottest story, that the authorities busted in on the school or something, and the girls' beloved teacher was found to be a MAN, escaping from the law for years....

PLEASE, someone tell me you remember this, help me verify it!!

thank you ;-)

OMG! so funny- I was telling s/o this story over YT. also remmebered hearing it and she thought I was off my rockers and making it up. turned to my sister hoping for support... I was sure I've heard it before. Thanks for reasuring me that im still sane lol

Raisin

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 3:25 pm
I never heard this story ever. My family are so poor at spreading gossip.

what was the guys first name?

amother

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 3:30 pm
well guess what ladies, he/she was my English teacher when I was in Yesodey Hatorah high school!
we used to call him/her Rabbi Drew from the start since although we didnt dream she was actually a man, she had a masculine voice and large mannish hands.
she came to our simchat beis hashoeva, came to other teacher's wedding and danced with and kissed the bride etc...
I dont believe anyone was traumatised when she suddenly left and we heard the reasons, since there were so many rumours going on at the time that noone knew what to believe. we were quite disgusted though and it was an embarassment for the heads

I almost didnt read this post-why finance?

intrigued

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 4:07 pm
Raisin wrote:
I never heard this story ever. My family are so poor at spreading gossip.

what was the guys first name?

For some reason it wasn't spoken so much at the time unless you were directly involved. Also the school in Stamford Hill tried to keep it hush-hush.

little neshamala

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 5:56 pm
hi everyone, thanks so much for the backup ;-) I just realized I put it under finances, that was a mistake, sorry embarrassed
but thank you for the verifications! my husband thought I was NUTS for even believing such a story and I was like, no, it really happened! but then when I tried finding a story like that online I came up with zilch...and then this little nagging doubt popped up...so now I know im not crazy. I wonder if I can find a news source that covered the story at the time....that would really prove it LOL
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics