Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How long is a regular cycle on your washing machine?

yo'ma

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 8:05 am
The one I had in the states was less than an hour. The one I have now used to be about 2 hours and now it takes over 2 hours shock Confused Banging head Angry . I have to have it checked out, but still...2 hours Exploding anger . To top it all off, it doesn't even clean that great. There is one thing that's great about it, it's a nice normal big size.

mizle10

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 8:09 am
Yup, welcome to Israel. Takes 3 times as long and doesn't do half as good a job.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 8:15 am
My washing machine takes a little more than an hour and it does a fine job (a crystal)

smilethere

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 8:21 am
A cottons 90/60 degrees load takes about 2 1/2 hours,
A synthetics takes about 1 1/2 hours,
I often do a quick if I'm in a rush.

The washing machines here are so much better than the American. There the clothes stay dirty.

shoemaker

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 8:26 am
are u asking in israel? 45 min for me & it does a great job Surprised but im not in israel. Smile

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 8:27 am
shoemaker wrote:
are u asking in israel? 45 min for me & it does a great job Surprised but im not in israel. Smile
The OP is not in Israel either.

mizle10

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 8:29 am
smilethere wrote:
A cottons 90/60 degrees load takes about 2 1/2 hours,
A synthetics takes about 1 1/2 hours,
I often do a quick if I'm in a rush.

The washing machines here are so much better than the American. There the clothes stay dirty.

I found it to be totally the opposite! In america they come out perfect, here I once put in a pair of folded pajamas and after 1.5 hours I took them out... still folded! My DDs clothing comes out with cheerios still stuck to it, it's ridiculous!

baba

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 9:04 am
FWIW, with my new machine, the longer the cycle the better it is for the environment.

Marion

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 9:11 am
My "cotton quick" cycle is about an hour (depends on the spin speed I've chosen). There's a 30 minute cycle as well. The "sterilizing" cycles take about 2 hours.

Liba

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 9:18 am
cottons 2 hours 40 minutes
permanant press 1 hour 42 minutes
mixed/cold 1 hour 1 minute
delicates, 41 minutes

My clothing B"H comes out really nice and clean, never folded. I am very happy with my machine.

Pandabeer

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 9:24 am
regular cold wash - 59 min.
for extra dirty and better wash 1.29 min.

American wash-machines aren't washing well and only ruining clothes.

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 9:40 am
my old top loader (usa) took 2 hours and washed terribly) my new one is a front loader. a regular warm, hi speed spin, dirty washing, with a freshwater rinse takes about 50mins.
hot wash takes about 1.45 mins

Fabulous

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 9:46 am
I have a front loader.

Typical load says 56 minutes but if it's very full or a little heavy, it can take an hour and a half. The heavy duty load is about 87-90 minutes and delicates is 37 minutes. I have a whirlpool duet. Cleans ok.

shoeboxgirly

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 10:06 am
If I put it on a super-duper all the lights on load its over 2.5 hours, and nothing is cleaner than if I just put it on a standard wash, which is about 1hr45.

In the last place I lived (rented) the washing machine would say 'end' but then take 15 minutes before the door would unlock, even if all the water was drained already. Then it broke, and only used the new one a few times before moving out.

My mum has a washer which has a digital countdown on, so she's never left wondering.

So, different machines behave differently, try googling the model number if you can find it and see what review forums say. If it is taking a lot longer than it is supposed to then it could be a fault.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 10:14 am
My in-laws have a Whirlpool Duet that frequently gets the time wrong. It will say 1 minute remaining, and I'll have time to cook lunch and eat it before it actually stops.
I have an Electrolux now that is accurate on the time. It's on average an hour for a white/normal load, a little less for colors (it also depends if you add a rinse, pre-wash stain treatment, what temp the water, the speed, etc). Also has an 18 minute speed wash which is great. My clothes are coming out great, B"H.

Fabulous

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 10:18 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
My in-laws have a Whirlpool Duet that frequently gets the time wrong. It will say 1 minute remaining, and I'll have time to cook lunch and eat it before it actually stops.
I have an Electrolux now that is accurate on the time. It's on average an hour for a white/normal load, a little less for colors (it also depends if you add a rinse, pre-wash stain treatment, what temp the water, the speed, etc). Also has an 18 minute speed wash which is great. My clothes are coming out great, B"H.

HY, yeah that's if you put it on regular load and it should really be heavy duty like towels or an extra full load. That's what I was saying that it's 56 minutes but can last up to an hour and a half. If it's regular load of underwear or the like, it only lasts 56 minutes.

intrigued

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 10:24 am
Cottons- 2hr 47 min
Cottons quick- 1hr 23 min
wool-47 min
synthetics-57 min

However it is all not accurate and takes way longer than what it says.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry