Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Info on vacation to Orlando

amother

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 10:27 pm
I am planning a 4 day trip to Orlando next week. I am returning on Thursday,(Thanksgiving) Did anyone evr travel on Thanksgiving? I am afraid the airports will be mayhem.

Anyone have any info on a good place to stay in Orlando? I am thinking of not renting a car, since all hotels offer shuttle services. Did anyone ever do that?

I can't make my reservations till Wednesday night, (My sister might have a baby this week and spoil my vacation plans.) So we are waiting till Wednesday-Thursday. If she has a boy there is no way that I will miss the bris, so I will end up staying here. I don't know when my next chance for a vacation will be, so I hope this works out.

Any info is very appreciated.

el2cg

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 10:37 pm
I went and used the shuttle from the hotel. a car is not really needed. we planed are day according to the shuttle service. if ur planning to do things other then the theme parks...u may need a car. also if you do not want ur vacation to be run by the shuttle service! good luck!

amother

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 11:17 pm
There are some great restaurants in Daytona Beach - a Fleishig a grocery store reight next door with a pizza bar there.

there is also a cholov yisroel ice cream store in Daytona also... great stuff

daytona is 1 1/2 hours from orlando adn there is kind of what do to there besides for eat!

MommyEsty

Post Mon, Nov 13 2006, 5:00 am
daytona is great and the restaurant is great too! thats all they had when I was there.

mom23

Post Mon, Nov 13 2006, 4:03 pm
I planned our family's trip to Orlando about 4 years ago. My kids were quite little at the time and we stayed at an unbelievable Holiday Inn off site. The hotel is now a Nickalodean hotel and seems to be very different from the Holiday Inn.

A lot depends on the ages of your kids, and what you want to be a priority (I.e. hotel suite or on Disney grounds). The shuttle on disney grounds seems to be quite efficient, but if you are staying off site, you have to be willing to commit to coming and going at certain shuttle times which can be hard if you have little kids. If you rent a car, you can be on your own time, but you have to pay for parking once you get to the parks.

I'll give you the name of the website that helped me a lot and hopefully it will help you. There are lots of discounts and info on that site. It's mousesavers.com.

Hope it all works out and you have a blast!

Basya

Post Mon, Nov 13 2006, 4:16 pm
We booked everything through Expedia.com when we went this past August to Orlando. We were very satisfied. Expedia gave us flights, hotel, rental car, park tickets, and information for one very low price.

We stayed in Comfort Suites Maingate East. It was really nice.

Enjoy! Very Happy

Wish I was going back! Sad

MMEC123

Post Tue, Nov 14 2006, 7:00 am
Travelling during Thanksgiving is often very busy. I think it's the busiest travel time of the year. Also, with hotels, because you are booking so late, remember that you may not even get a room in your first or second choice of hotels. Have a few options handy in case the first place you call is booked.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics