Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Can I freeze knishes? (Puff Pastry dough)

Justlookup

Post Tue, Dec 06 2011, 8:38 pm
I want to make the meat knishes in Dining In 2, but I want it for Shabbos/future use. I already defrosted the puff pastry dough, but I'm worried now that it wont freeze well...Has anyone done this?
Thanks.

OutATowner

Post Tue, Dec 06 2011, 9:06 pm
I don't know that specific recipe but I freeze meat knishes with puff pastry all the time, just double wrap.

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Dec 06 2011, 9:18 pm
yeh sure I defrost pastry, make knish (any type) and refreeze...refreezing cooked things is not the same as refreezing defrosted ice cream/meat etc.

Beach Bum

Post Tue, Dec 06 2011, 9:38 pm
I refreeze pastry dough all the time and it tastes fine. Just make sure to wrap it securely so it doesn't get a freezer taste.

Justlookup

Post Tue, Dec 06 2011, 9:43 pm
thanks. another question:
Its getting late and this recipe needs about an hour of time (1/2 hour to saute, 1/2 to bake in the dough). Can I refrigerate the dough and the meat, even though the meat's been out all day (took it out in the am to defrost, was defrosted by about 4 ish...) Is it okay to put both in the fridge over night or is it already out for too long and I shoudl better stay up and make it, rather than eating food that might be bad...?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics