Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Kbd-short on time
Previous  1  2  3  4

Crayon210

Post Wed, Nov 22 2006, 5:52 pm
Lots of the recipes are short...like the pumpkin bisque and the primavera chicken.

Lots aren't...so those I save for "medium" days. Smile

Last edited by Crayon210 on Wed, Nov 22 2006, 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

timeout

Post Wed, Nov 22 2006, 5:53 pm
I got What's Cooking from a Purim Shalach Manos I have to say it's great

withhumor

Post Wed, Nov 22 2006, 6:56 pm
Okay enough already, I just got it on amazon. And no, you don’t need to bump it up to over $25, I was just charged the tax.

ceo

Post Sat, Nov 25 2006, 8:16 pm
I made the french fried veggies for shabbos. It was delicious and very quick (but a somewhat expensive recipe).

I also made the braised potatoes. They were good, but not as quick.

redhot

Post Sat, Nov 25 2006, 8:42 pm
I made the french fried vegetables and everyone hated it. I couldnt even take a second taste. I found it repulsive. So 'al taam vareach' Smile

yedidya's mom

Post Wed, Nov 29 2006, 10:24 pm
my mil just bought me the cookbook and I tried some stuff last shabbos. here are my 2 cents:
I made the pumpkin muffins and they were amazing. I actually made it as a kugel since I havent toveled my muffin pan yet and it was great. def. recommend it.
kickin chicken was good but not as spicy as I thought it would be. haricot verts (ie green beans) with almonds and garlic were good and really easy- only annyoing part is cutting up the garlic.
peanut butter mousse was also a big hit. only thing is its very rich so you cant eat a lot of it. I served it w. brownies and I think it was a good combo.
my vote though still goes to the muffins- so good and really easy. also no fancy ingredients unless you think canned pumpkin is fancy. and maybe the pumpkin seeds but you can skip those. they are more decorative than for taste

shopaholic

Post Thu, Nov 30 2006, 11:23 am
Glad to hear about the muffins. I was planning on making them today. I'm serving them with ice cream for dessert.

rise above

Post Thu, Nov 30 2006, 1:20 pm
Quote:
I've been hearing that the cookbook "What's Cooking?" has yummy easy recipes....the type you would whip up for supper.

another vote for "whats cooking"
I've tried almost every single chicken/cutlet recipe in there, and they are all quick,easy, and use all regular ingredients!

timeout

Post Thu, Nov 30 2006, 4:01 pm
I made the pumpkin muffins for Thanksgiving and they were great Smile My Dh also gave me a thumbs up for the green beans.

Last night I made the kishke stuffed chicken very good but pain to make and the sweet potatoe Aioli very good easy to make!

Kickin chicken was not a hit with anyone Sad

shopaholic

Post Fri, Dec 01 2006, 11:02 am
Made the muffins last night, but I'm not trying one untill Shabbos. I like the fact that it makes so many. I put 1/2 the batch in the freezer.

Esther01

Post Thu, Dec 07 2006, 1:59 pm
did anyone make the 'tzimmes puffs'? if yes, let me know how it is. I want to make it for shabbos chanuka (next week!!!)

mimsy7420

Post Mon, Dec 11 2006, 12:12 pm
Ok, so I got the book, and some of the recipes look very good. I like how she puts mexican twists on regular recipes to spice them up a bit. But I do not think this recipe cook is particularly quick. Any recipe that has a two -three step process - like sautteeing and then baking, or such, can not be classified as quick recipes. They might be shorter then her regular cookbooks - where some recipes take a whole day to prepare (do this, come back 4 hours later and do this, and then come back and do that and this- who cooks like that????). I would have also liked to see those crockpot dinners with a longer cooking time - If I put the crockpot on in the morning then I need to be able to leave it cooking the whole day like 8 hours. The recipes in the book usually had a 4 hour cooking time, with a warning that if you leave it longer it might burn. That's not what I look for in a crock pot recipe!
I'm going to try the Mexicotti tonight, hopefully.

anon

Post Mon, Dec 11 2006, 1:38 pm
I just made the red rice last night, and I didn't think it was good. I wouldn't make it again.

Only1, why don't you try adding more water to the crockpot recipes, so that it can cook for a longer amount of time?

mimsy7420

Post Mon, Dec 11 2006, 1:45 pm
anon wrote:
I just made the red rice last night, and I didn't think it was good. I wouldn't make it again.

Only1, why don't you try adding more water to the crockpot recipes, so that it can cook for a longer amount of time?

They weren't really that style of recipe.
Some of them were just regular recipes that happened to need to be cooked in the crockpot for 4 hours.
Kinda defeats the purpose.

ruthanne

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 7:29 pm
I just got this cook book as a gift and I tried out a few recipes.
I'm making an ushernish next week and I made the zebra cookies and lemon drops. They are delicious and pretty easy to make but not necessarily any quicker than other recipes.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen