Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
What do you make for thursday dinner????
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sat, Dec 10 2011, 6:22 pm
Thursday is my worst day. I need something simple not meat , just before shabbos its so hard !!!!Thanks!

bnm

Post Sat, Dec 10 2011, 7:04 pm
sandwiches

yo'ma

Post Sat, Dec 10 2011, 7:05 pm
My mother's thursday dinner as far back I can remember was tuna. Sometimes salmon from a can also. She would buy fresh bread and slice vegetables. Sometimes she would also give potato chips, even though that does not go under healthy cooking Wink .

naomi2

Post Sat, Dec 10 2011, 8:40 pm
pasta
crockpot dinner
grilled cheese
make double dinner the night before and serve leftovers
you can make pickled salmon any day of the week and serve it on thursday cuz it lasts a while. serve with baked potato and baked brocolli

buzz

Post Sat, Dec 10 2011, 9:37 pm
Every Thursday night is pasta and sauce and cheese and homemade yoghurt with homemade rasberry sauce.

The kids love it and it is so easy to make!

AlwaysGrateful

Post Sat, Dec 10 2011, 9:48 pm
I usually make a double dinner on Tuesday or Wednesday and serve it again on Thursday. Either double pasta, double meatballs, double meatloaf, double stirfry, double casseroles, really anything that can be rewarmed.

You can also just scramble up some eggs, toast some bread, and serve with a salad or cut up vegetables. Better yet, just some baby carrots and plum tomatoes, so you don't have to cut anything up.

Or hard boil some extra eggs for seuda shlishis, and use them as sliced egg sandwiches or egg salad sandwiches on Thursday night.

lollygirl

Post Sat, Dec 10 2011, 9:51 pm
Pizza! Also a great activity for the kids to get involved.

veganesther

Post Sat, Dec 10 2011, 9:51 pm
thursday nights for the kids... tomato soup and grilled cheeses sandwhiches. For dh, who works till 10 pm and doesn't get home till later, salad and sardines.

amother

Post Sat, Dec 10 2011, 9:55 pm
I shouldn't be posting this under healthy cooking, but thursday nights the kids all get frozen pizza and frozen fries heated in the oven. DH gets a carrot salad, grilled chicken cutlets, compote chai, and a cauliflower salad.

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Dec 10 2011, 10:04 pm
I don't cook on wed or thursday. it's leftovers.

alpidarkomama

Post Sat, Dec 10 2011, 11:16 pm
Thursday is Breakfast Night! Pancakes, crepes, omelets, eggs/toast, French toast... all very quick to make. Smile

Hashemlovesme

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 2:23 am
my s-I-l's fam has pizza e/ Thurs night, she makes a big batch of challa dough & uses some of it for pizza Thurs night.

Shopmiami49

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 8:17 am
I often make double of whatever I serve on Wed night.

Or I make extra shnitzel for Shabbos already on Thursday afternoon so that we can have it for supper

whole wheat mac n cheese

pita pizzas

Culturedpearls

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 8:19 am
Vegetable soup (frozen from Sunday) & taco's or burgers plus a salad & mashed potatoes.
I make a double recipe & serve again the following week.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 8:22 am
amother wrote:
I shouldn't be posting this under healthy cooking, but thursday nights the kids all get frozen pizza and frozen fries heated in the oven. DH gets a carrot salad, grilled chicken cutlets, compote chai, and a cauliflower salad.

There's always whole wheat pizza ;-)
I don't make fl. for anyone on Thursday night. I like suppers that I have leftovers of that can double for erev Shabbos lunch, so if I make pizza, I make extra. Or lasagna: skip a step lasagna is easy and you can use healthier noodles like Barilla plus, doesn't have to be lasagna noodles, just make sure not to use a full lb. per tray.
And there are simple suppers, like eggs and baked potatoes.
And salad of course, with everything.

I think that it becomes a ???? question based on what you make the rest of the week.

shoemaker

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 8:32 am
cold cut sandwiches w/ a nice salad
tuna melts- wrap- avocado, tune, eggs, lox....

ora_43

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 8:57 am
When I need a simple dinner I usually make soup or chili. Not all soups are simple, but lentil soup or vegetable barley can be made pretty quickly.

Another option is bread with spreads (tehina, white cheese) and a salad. With maybe eggs or tuna.

I also sometimes make majdara (rice and lentil dish), or rice with white beans and melted cheese. With either served with sliced vegetables and some white cheese or cottage cheese.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 9:36 am
Crockpot stews/soups...

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 12:47 pm
Protein salads like various shredded cheese salads, egg and avocado salad, Mexican wrap or salad, etc.

Last edited by ra_mom on Sun, Dec 11 2011, 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Annie

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 2:00 pm
Tuna melts - my requirement for Th night is that it can't use utensils and can't go in the fleshig oven. I make tuna salad either Wed night or Th morning, we have whole wheat pitas, they can put some shredded cheese on top if they want, and they get sliced tomatoes or cucumbers (which I'm preparing for shabbos anyway). My son who won't eat anything has cereal or oatmeal.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking