Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
How can you afford ADHD medication?

amother

Post Sun, Dec 18 2011, 1:25 pm
I just read the "to medicate or not to medicate" thread, and I want to ask all of you who have been on/ put your children on mediation how you can afford to pay for it.

Concerta, which is supposed to be one of the best, costs $10 per day after health insurance.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 18 2011, 1:55 pm
what are the costs in Israel?

amother

Post Sun, Dec 18 2011, 1:56 pm
What health insurance do you have? That seems overly expensive.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 18 2011, 1:56 pm
Bh my insurance is fully covering the cost of dd concerta Child Health Plus BCBS. You might be eligible to apply, the income eligiblity is quite high - dh income is over 6 figures.

(she takes it for add no h)

amother

Post Sun, Dec 18 2011, 7:36 pm
Hmm..

So it seems like I'll have to work on finding a better insurance.

yummy2

Post Sun, Dec 18 2011, 7:40 pm
Daytrana $ 190 a month. Not covered by insurance. No other option, the only thing that works.

imasinger

Post Sun, Dec 18 2011, 7:49 pm
Generic amphetamine salts (the inexpensive version of adderall) costs $10 per month with our insurance, and $170 without.

Marion

Post Mon, Dec 19 2011, 1:24 am
In Israel the kupot subsidize Ritalin (not Concerta, AFAIK). The Ritalin (reg. 10mg tablets) is 14NIS/package of 30 (1 month). You can't purchase more than one month's supply at a time as it's a highly regulated drug.

morah

Post Mon, Dec 19 2011, 8:05 am
For us, if we don't find the money for the concerta, DH will not be able to hold down a job and then we'll have no money for anything else. That concerta is just part of our budget, no less than food or rent.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)