Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
How much have you done?
1  2  3  4  Next

Tefila

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 5:19 pm
So where is everyone up to w/h Pesach Prep? I'll go do something and then let you know Twisted Evil

basmalkah

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 5:43 pm
I go away for Pesach Smile.
Although I do have ppl. sleep in my house - I do a light cleaning and put all chometz in kitchen locked up.

Sunshine

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 5:44 pm
That is the one good thing about living in an apt. There is not much to pesach clean! LOL I finished the closets last week and am in middle of doing my room. Then I will do the second bedroom later this week. I am leaving the kitchen, breakfast room and dinning/living room(besides seforim which will be cleaned this week) for the week b4 pesach. The bathrooms need reg dirt cleaning, but that I always do. My biggest problem is that I don't know what to do with the odds and ends. I hate collecting stuff and usually have no prob throwing out everything. The few things I do save I have no clue where to put it. We don't have much extra space for storage since we live in an apt.

curlyhead

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 7:14 pm
today I'm finishing my sons room. once that is done half the house will be done. then the livingroom and eating area is like one big room. so starting sunday we will only be eating chometz free food. kitnioyis is allowed

roza

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 7:26 pm
I am in the planning stage (bemachshovo), bz'h will start thursday lemaaseh

proudmom

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 7:39 pm
I am going to my parents for Pesach, BH no cleaning for me.

Sunshine

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 7:44 pm
Rivky wrote:
starting sunday we will only be eating chometz free food. kitnioyis is allowed

WOW! How do you get everyone to eat Kosher L'pesach food for 2 weeks extra?! We will eat chometz till Fri. b4 pesach (besides challah on shabbos)but starting from the Fri. b4 that we will eat it outside only. BH the wheather is nice enough for that.

Sunshine

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 7:46 pm
roza wrote:
I am in the planning stage (bemachshovo), bz'h will start thursday lemaaseh

LOL

May everone have an easy time (physically, mentally, emotionally)cleaning and cooking and doing all their pesach prep.

roza

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 7:55 pm
omein!

miriam

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 8:44 pm
Thank you Sunshine

deedee

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 8:57 pm
we had my moms cleaning lady come on sunday she did the whole (little) house. she has been cleaning jewish houses for pesach for years so she knows what to do. I just have to wash all the blankets and do the kitchen-the week b-4 pesach. we are sleeping by mom for sedarim.

AweSumThenSum

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 9:04 pm
I thought I was ahead until I made a list of what I still need to do. man, did I thunk wrong!!

imaamy

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 9:15 pm
I haven't done anything other than think about it! I'd better get going huh? My mother-in-law always brings more desserts and stuff than we can use anyway!

rydys

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 10:50 pm
Last night we finished the bedrooms. I was going to do my living room today but then I realized that my baby will just track crumbs all over on shabbos (its a combined living room/dining room). I guess I will do the living room and dining room on sunday and then attack the kitchen. I already told my husband that next shabbos will be takeout on paper plates so we can kasher on sunday and have a week to cook. My whole family is coming to me in my apartment so I really need time to cook beforehand.

raizy

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 10:55 pm
this year I did things different I started in the kitchen and then I did the rest of the house... I did all the cubboards in the kitchen oven and fridge freezer and I moved everything away and cleaned it all up.

but I am not orgainizing anything I am moving in 3 months so who cares if it is neat or not.....
I will anyways after pascah make a big clean up.. next to every box I will have a huge garbage bag and ask myselve if I will need the shammatas and junk for the next 120 yrs.. if the answer is no then I will just chuck it out.......

I am striving to be neat and clean in the new house.... LOL Rolling Eyes Tongue Out

Chanie

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 11:10 pm
does doing the menu and the making a shopping list count.......
I started on that, got to start packing too.
(I'm going away but I'm doing the cooking)

Sunshine

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 11:45 pm
Chanie, it sure does!

sarahd

Post Thu, Apr 07 2005, 3:55 am
I have given up on cleaning. I am never going to get everything done and anyhow we're going away for Pesach, so why make myself crazy? (Although I really shouldn't go a whole year without thoroughly cleaning my pots. Confused ) All I am concentrating on now is spring cleaning. I polished the furniture that's polishable and have to do the windows and zehu zeh.

curlyhead

Post Thu, Apr 07 2005, 5:24 am
Quote:
WOW! How do you get everyone to eat Kosher L'pesach food for 2 weeks extra?! We will eat chometz till Fri. b4 pesach (besides challah on shabbos)but starting from the Fri. b4 that we will eat it outside only. BH the wheather is nice enough for that.

We are going to be eating kitnios for the next two weeks. (this refers more to my son then me and my husband)
Breakfast - rice puffs and corn meals, rice cake sandwiches
Lunch - sandwiches outside or in the park.
Dinner - side dishes such as french fries, rice and corn pasta etc.
snacks - fruit raisens
I am just trying to avoid bread, pasta, etc - whatever is real chometz.
The last week I'll be cleaning and turning ober the kitchen so we will proboly eat out alot

Sunshine

Post Thu, Apr 07 2005, 7:35 pm
I get it. You will eat chometz but out of the house. I thought you were going to eat chicken meat and potaotes for an extra few weeks.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics