Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Six million Jews that were killed in the Holocaust
Previous  1  2

Pickle Lady

Post Tue, Apr 12 2005, 4:29 pm
Motek wrote:
ShaynaRochel wrote:
One thing that was mentioned was that the first people to be killed in the gas chambers were poles.

perhaps they were Polish JEWS

I think your probably right. Also isn't it funny how polish people are extremly anti semetic.

Motek wrote:
some survivors made a new life for themselves and raised wonderful families, while others, raised a traumatized next generation

or they raise a generation that intermarry and aren't even jews anymore. On another board that I go to its women of all jewish background even reform converts and women who aren't jewish but like judaism since their husband is jewish. Once a women wrote how excited she was that her baby was the only great grandchild of holocust survivors (her husbands greandparents) but she WASN"T jewish. I cried. That was so depressing to hear. But probably not as unlikly as we think.

IndyMom wrote:
Living in Indiana I think I get more of a feel of we are "just jews" not americans. This place is so apple pie all american and they look at us walking to shul on shabbos or dressing our boys with peyos and yarmulkes as totally strange. When I lived in NY it was a different kind of feeling. People there may not like jews - but the practices aren't as odd and foriegn to them.

I was more refering to secularized jews that make up the majarity of US jews. Sorry for the confusion.

Motek

Post Thu, May 05 2005, 3:08 pm
Motek wrote:
In 1943, 32,000 Jews were taken here by Nazi soldiers, and shot down in the course of 10 days and pushed by a bulldozer into the shallow ravine. The number of people killed there equals approximately one-third of the entire Jewish community of Kiev today.

the number seemed too low

I just read an article which says, "The Soviet memorial at Babi Yar also identifies the 200,000 victims there as Soviet citizens, even though 100,000 of them were Jewish, the victims not of war but of genocide."

supermom

Post Sat, May 07 2005, 3:48 pm
genocide what is that?

Tefila

Post Sun, May 08 2005, 1:50 am
Mass murder Supermom Sad

supermom

Post Sun, May 08 2005, 2:40 am
Crying that is horrible

Motek

Post Sun, May 08 2005, 7:52 am
Quote:
mass murder

of a specific group

although millions of people were killed during World War II, only the Jews were targeted for extermination (G-d forbid), and the Soviets did not want to acknowledge this

supermom

Post Sun, May 08 2005, 9:47 am
the actual holocaust people are saying that it never exisited. they say it was made up and people just happened to make movies out of it just to make people to think that it happened Confused strange to think that many millions of people are claiming the same thing and still they are denying it. and these people believe in the big bang theory?

Motek

Post Sun, May 08 2005, 12:26 pm
Holocaust deniers and how people think the world came into existence are two completely different things!

supermom

Post Sun, May 08 2005, 12:35 pm
I am talking about when I speak to a non jew and they tell me that they deny the holocaust that one person can not have in a million years done something like that.

let me stop there I understand it is two different things because by both they don't believe that a person or God can do something like this. okay I put my foot in my mouth.

Motek

Post Sun, May 08 2005, 6:41 pm
supermom wrote:
I am talking about when I speak to a non jew and they tell me that they deny the holocaust that one person can not have in a million years done something like that.

first of all, it wasn't only "one person" Rolling Eyes

second of all, if talking to an American especially, ask him whether he "believes" nearly 3000 Americans got murdered within a few hours in the World Trade Center by a few men

supermom

Post Mon, May 09 2005, 3:29 am
hmm didn't think of that one. same goes with russia they killed their own people by themselves through smoke bombing them and the other time wiht that school.

SWatson

Post Mon, May 09 2005, 3:48 am
what choice did they have otherwise?? the whole theatre in russia was sitting on one big bomb, I dont think they couldve done anything else

supermom

Post Mon, May 09 2005, 3:58 am
so gasing them what would that do Confused they gased the place and then decided to snatch the bad guys? instead of gasing it they should have smoke bombed it that is would have stunk and then get the bad guys out and saved everyone. I think they just stam did something right off their silly minds.

SWatson

Post Mon, May 09 2005, 4:03 am
We are talking about a enormous size closed theatre, even if you throw couple of those smoke boms inside, it will not cover the whole place someone will still be awake, then its trouble..
gas did it quietly, made sure everyone is asleep, Im not saying results were very good, but I dont think there was much of anything else to do there

supermom

Post Mon, May 09 2005, 4:14 am
could be but how about that school? I think they just rush into doing things with out thinking to much

SWatson

Post Mon, May 09 2005, 4:38 am
I dont remember what happened there. All the kids were killed? How though?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics