Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
ISO healthy cupcakes recipe

be good

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 3:58 pm
my oldest is turning two, and to celebrate, her playgroup morah said I could send in cupcakes or pekelach. since I don't know what the pekelach protocol is, I think cupcakes would be a better bet.

I dont want to send something unhealthy for the little ones, but they do know what cupcakes are, so it needs to be a somewhat convincing imitation!

thanks!!

Faigy86

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 4:04 pm
What do you consider to be healthy?
Only w/w flour? Is oil ok? Sugar?
Any other specific diet restrictions?

In the loosest usage, you can make muffins and call them healthy cupcakes, but again, you may have something specific in mind for healthy.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 4:10 pm
I know that people who aren't used to healthy ingredients don't always like them. you don't want the cupcakes to be wasted.

it's not so bad to make cupcakes from real sugar and white flour.

be good

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 9:12 pm
I hear what your saying. I guess 'healthy' is relative. I try to use ww flour whenever I can, and not to use margarine. I'm looking for cupcakes/muffins that dont taste too wholesome, but arent too artery-clogging and chemical filled. nutritional value is a big plus!

rachelbg

Post Tue, Jan 03 2012, 2:28 am
How about carrot muffins, like from Kosher By Design for Kids? They taste SO good. (Ok, they're not the healthiest, but maybe they're healthier than other things.)

Happy B-day!

bnm

Post Tue, Jan 03 2012, 2:41 am
make mini muffins or cupcakes. 2 year olds don't eat a regular sized one

ray family

Post Tue, Jan 03 2012, 2:45 am
when my daughter was shabbos ima I sent mini ww choc. chip banana muffins (happens to be I was baking that day and she asked me if she could bring them to gan- I gladly sent them instead of nosh)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking