Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Please make sure to be nice!!

mimishkl

Post Tue, Jan 10 2012, 7:07 pm
Had a verizon guy come fix something in my house. he had to ask me where I'm from since I'm so polite and normal. He claims all woman in Rockland, Monsey treat him so nasty. This always makes me so ashamed why are we so naive and afraid to smile, talk nicely with outsiders.

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Jan 10 2012, 7:26 pm
mimishkl wrote:
Had a verizon guy come fix something in my house. he had to ask me where I'm from since I'm so polite and normal. He claims all woman in Rockland, Monsey treat him so nasty. This always makes me so ashamed why are we so naive and afraid to smile, talk nicely with outsiders.
Then I'm sorry he's never worked in my home. I treat any worker with the respect they deserve.

Merrymom

Post Tue, Jan 10 2012, 9:12 pm
I think he was flirting with you. Are you sure it was Verizon and not Cablevision. The cablevision guy was a lazy bum who wouldn't do a thing until I made him feel like only he can help me and how grateful I'd be to him for doing me such a huge favor (aka his job).

Stayci

Post Tue, Jan 10 2012, 10:34 pm
Mimishkl, I really doubt that people are rude to service-men. I think it was either a conversation starter, or he was being a little flirtatious. Take the compliment that you are nice, and don't believe the part that no one else is...

yksraya

Post Tue, Jan 10 2012, 10:47 pm
maybe he had another job before he came to you and he wasn't treated nicely and that made him assume that everyone in the area is nasty.

paprika

Post Tue, Jan 10 2012, 11:09 pm
I get the same question with the same reasoning, sometimes. I guess people from NY are not that bad, after all.

MrsDash

Post Tue, Jan 10 2012, 11:56 pm
Truthfully, all it takes is one obnoxious, unfriendly witch with a capital B to ruin it for everyone else.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette