Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Recommend excellent child psychiatrist in Jerusalem?

amother

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 2:53 am
Can some one recommend a really great child psychiatrist in Jerusalem?

looking into ADD, Aspergers, other... a gifted child with complicated problems. (psychologist told us to see a psychiatrist rather than her.)

We have Maccabi.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 2:48 pm
bump

5*Mom

Post Thu, Jan 26 2012, 2:43 am
I have a recommendation for a great ped neuropsychologist, which might be better for a differential diagnosis. Then if needed you'd go to a psychiatrist for treatment. Her name is Judy Ta'ir at Alyn Medical Center in Kiryat Hayovel. It is pricey, but you will get an accurate assessment/diagnosis the first time with great recommendations for treatment/remediation. Good luck!

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 4:25 am
I live in Yerushalayim. I have an 8 year old son with issues that seem to be related to the emotional/communication spectrum. Maybe Asperger's, maybe something else. Whatever it is, it seems to be subtle (and therefore harder to diagnose) but very present. I need a top evaluation, someone who can make a differential diagnosis. Any suggestions would be tremendously appreciated. I see this thread from a few years ago and wanted to know if anyone has updated information now. Thank you all.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Nov 27 2018, 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total

shirabira

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 6:31 am
There is an excellent child psychiatrist who moved from the States. I don't know if she completed the process to practice in Israel yet,but she was in the midst of it. Her name is Doctor Naomi Najman. Maybe Google her and see if you can get in touch with her. In the States she was highly recommended by Relief ,an organization that provides mental health referrals. She is a religious woman. She gives clients the time of day to really hear them out. I have had several students who used her. She used to be based in Englewood, NJ and still commutes several times a year.

Hatzlacha

5*Mom

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 6:52 am
amother4 wrote:
I live in Yerushalayim. I have an 8 year old son with issues that seem to be related to the emotional/communication spectrum. Maybe Asperger's, maybe something else. Whatever it is, it seems to be subtle (and therefore harder to diagnose) but very present. I need a top evaluation, someone who can make a differential diagnosis. Any suggestions would be tremendously appreciated. I see this thread from a few years ago and wanted to know if anyone has updated information now. Thank you all.

Judy Ta'ir would still be my top recommendation for this.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 9:12 am
Thank you very much both of you Do you know how to get in touch with Judy Ta'ir? Also, did you try a few people and she was the most on target or was the situation complicated and she was very clear?

Last edited by amother on Tue, Nov 27 2018, 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total

5*Mom

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 9:04 am
amother4 wrote:
Thank you very much both of you Do you know how to get in touch with Judy Ta'ir?

I'm sorry, I just saw this.

She can be reached at Alyn Hospital: 02-649-4242
You can ask to speak to her first before you decide whether or not to schedule an evaluation.

amother4 wrote:
Also, did you try a few people and she was the most on target or was the situation complicated and she was very clear?

I've seen both of these scenarios and she's been excellent.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 9:06 am
just to add I took my daughter to alyn also and we saw tzippy shamir and she was excellent. she also wrote a very detailed report with clear instructions to her school on what to do with her.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 9:09 am
Dr. Miriam Staub. I've also heard good things about Jenny Goldstein, but I think she's in the gush.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 9:11 am
Dr. Miriam Staub. I've also heard good things about Jenny Goldstein, but I think she's in the gush.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 9:14 am

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 9:17 am
Oops. How do I delete that??

amother
White

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 10:38 am
shirabira wrote:
There is an excellent child psychiatrist who moved from the States. I don't know if she completed the process to practice in Israel yet,but she was in the midst of it. Her name is Doctor Naomi Najman. Maybe Google her and see if you can get in touch with her. In the States she was highly recommended by Relief ,an organization that provides mental health referrals. She is a religious woman. She gives clients the time of day to really hear them out. I have had several students who used her. She used to be based in Englewood, NJ and still commutes several times a year.

Hatzlacha

I just met her socially. She's still doing her 'histaklut', at least in one of her specialties, but should be done very soon.
Seems like a lovely person btw.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 10:42 am
Thank you all for your detailed information. I appreciate it very much.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Nov 27 2018, 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 6:08 am
Sorry to bump an old thread. Wondering if anyone has updated info? I'm looking for a top psychiatrist for my 9 year old son.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 6:53 am
amother wrote:
Sorry to bump an old thread. Wondering if anyone has updated info? I'm looking for a top psychiatrist for my 9 year old son.

Highly recommend Dr. Naomi Najman

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 7:40 am
thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)