Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Leaving your cart in line when grocery (vent)
Previous  1  2  3

Lani22

Post Thu, Jan 26 2012, 8:47 pm
amother wrote:
Dear NYers who was annoying and said that you give our shops lots of revenue,
YOU DONT. GET OVER IT. My 600 dollar a week grocery bill does. And me eating out does. And people living here make the restaurants go.

NYers come to Miami you cant figure out HOW to drive down 41st, YOU CRASHED INTO THE BACK OF MY CAR TODAY trying to beat a red light, and you complain about everything. Really, and you cant say please or thank you. And you come daven in our shuls and dont leave a donation after eating at a kiddush in our shuls. Really? You give us revenue.

Do you know workers in Jewish stores QUIT because of the nasty NY attitude? A girl that worked in a restaurant, who was off the derech and the owner gave her a job bc he beleives she just need some love QUIT because a NYer called her a dirty shiksha. So you may not all be rude, but with my expierance as an 8 year resident here, and from another OOT community before here, yes, NYers, you are rude.

I live in Manhattan. Every kosher restaurant and establishment is filled with tourists. ppl coming to NYC on vacation or day trips. This isnt a once a yr occurance this is everyday. Get over it. Im thrilled to have them eating in our pizza shops b/c- the frum population alone on the upper west side is not what supports our restaurants ( and seeing how many miami restaurants open and close from yr ro yr im assuming you guys dont either). I go to a shul that has a hot kiddush every week. 50% of the ppl there are visitors from out of town who come just for the freehot meal and we welcome them with open arms week in and week out. Some NY's might be rude but again I think its a GROSS exaggeration to say the majority of ny's who come to miami on winter vacation are rude. and yes I do think you should be happy that we are there giving your bussines's much needed revenue.
ok im done defending

chavamom

Post Thu, Jan 26 2012, 8:59 pm
Obviously, you don't get it. The problem is not that they are tourists. It's tourists behaving badly. The Catskills scene? Huge chillul Hashem. When there are Jews in large numbers, even if 10% are behaving badly? Oy. Also, bad behavior that flies in NYC is considered rude, crude and unmannered in much of the rest of the country. Something to keep in mind while on vacation.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 26 2012, 9:05 pm
Lani22, no one but you said it was ALL NYers, or MOST NYers. We said that in Miami, the issues being discussed in this thread are caused by NYers. Your defensive, aggressive posts are really not doing much to convince anyone that many NYers who vacation here are any less than rude.

Post Thu, Jan 26 2012, 11:26 pm
Tova wrote:
Barbara wrote:
You think that's bad?

I was in a kosher grocery store, waiting my turn, when a woman walked right in front of me and said, "I'm double parked, so I need to get out quickly." Because, of course, the fact that "I" bothered to get a legal parking spot means that I have all the time in the world, and should wait for her. The store's owner, BTW, checked her out before me. And permanently lost my business.

Oh my - I laughed out loud here. I want to think of a limud zechus but honestly if there was a reason for the emergency she should have said - "ie, I have my daughter in labor in the car."

and she had a craving for a sour pickle.

amother

Post Fri, Jan 27 2012, 8:33 am
Lani,

Do you know how much bigger Manhatten is than Miami Beach? Think about it. Our shuls are no where near as wealthy as your shuls are but are expected to foot the bill for a hot kiddush for NYers for basically 2 months straight? And yes, we do appreciate your business. But NOT the rudeness that comes with it. Come Pesach time when the NYers come here and all sane natives like myself leave town its heightened into a crazed mess.

Also: Pesach the NYers who arent lucky to have parents or grandparents with real estate want ot rent our apartments, right? EVERY SINGLE TIME I have rented my apartment (3 times) I have had issues that have gone to Beis Din and Iwe have won every single time. The NY mentality of "ME ME ME ME" doesnt fly here or anywhere else.

Its not all NYers...But the majoirity of the people we see are rude...And when NYer rear ended me yesterday while I was going 15 in a school zone with my kids in the back seat tried to blame me...Thats when I really saw red.

amother

Post Fri, Jan 27 2012, 8:34 am
Lani,

Do you know how much bigger Manhatten is than Miami Beach? Think about it. Our shuls are no where near as wealthy as your shuls are but are expected to foot the bill for a hot kiddush for NYers for basically 2 months straight? And yes, we do appreciate your business. But NOT the rudeness that comes with it. Come Pesach time when the NYers come here and all sane natives like myself leave town its heightened into a crazed mess.

Also: Pesach the NYers who arent lucky to have parents or grandparents with real estate want ot rent our apartments, right? EVERY SINGLE TIME I have rented my apartment (3 times) I have had issues that have gone to Beis Din and Iwe have won every single time. The NY mentality of "ME ME ME ME" doesnt fly here or anywhere else.

Its not all NYers...But the majoirity of the people we see are rude...And when NYer rear ended me yesterday while I was going 15 in a school zone with my kids in the back seat tried to blame me...Thats when I really saw red.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics