Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Kosher Goldfish
1  2  Next

Peanut2

Post Sun, Feb 05 2012, 2:13 pm
Goldfish aren't kosher, right? Is there a kosher version?

yaelinIN

Post Sun, Feb 05 2012, 2:19 pm
Costco has a cheddar cheese dolphin and whale shaped cracker in one serving bags. Obviously if there is a need for CY or animals that are kosher, then it won't work...

gp2.0

Post Sun, Feb 05 2012, 2:19 pm
I assume you mean the crackers...I've seen them in snack mixes like this one:

http://www.a-zara.com/pe--66-6601-5844.htm

but never just the fish individually. Pity, everyone likes to pick out the fish and leave the pretzels...

shoeboxgirly

Post Sun, Feb 05 2012, 2:31 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
I assume you mean the crackers...I've seen them in snack mixes like this one:

http://www.a-zara.com/pe--66-6601-5844.htm

but never just the fish individually. Pity, everyone likes to pick out the fish and leave the pretzels...

The fish are totally the favourite. I have seen the fish on their own in my local kosher store...we buy them for shul seudah...the men love them. So they are out there somewhere.

Mrs Bissli

Post Sun, Feb 05 2012, 3:18 pm
You can find the kosher version imported from Israel. It's in a clear plastic package, called dagdagim or something like that.

nylon

Post Sun, Feb 05 2012, 3:54 pm
Afaik none of Pepperidge Farm's packaged savory stuff is kosher. I remember looking. (by this I mean the crackers, bread, etc. the frozen puff pastry is fine)

I don't have a kosher supermarket near me, so I've never seen a kosher version but it might exist.

Golda Basha

Post Sun, Jan 13 2013, 10:57 pm
I'm trying to find the parve fish crackers. Are they called dagdagim? I'm in Toronto- has anyone seen them?

Thanks so much!

watergirl

Post Sun, Jan 13 2013, 11:01 pm
I've seen kosher crackers in a goldfish shape, got all excited (food does that to me) and then saw that they are bbq flavored. Sigh. I've had the "real thing", and let me tell you... yeah... having a moment here.

imamiri

Post Sun, Jan 13 2013, 11:03 pm
Not sure where you live, but up here in Canada we have President's Choice brand Cheddar Penguins. They are goldfish crackers....but penguins. They taste awesome. They are certified by COR and are dairy. You can find them at Superstore or Extra Foods.

miami85

Post Sun, Jan 13 2013, 11:51 pm
I found a recipe some time ago, from I think she was a muslim, but the recipe was kosher. My husband, who wasn't frum groing up, said that they come pretty close. She used a cookie cutter made out of a soda can. It was kind of annoying using a tiny cookie cutter considering it didn't yield all that much, but I would consider making them again and just cutting into squares.

1c. flour
4T unsalted butter
8 oz. cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 t ground pepper.
(don't know the proportions exactly but the Goldfish box listed: onion powder, garlic powder, paprika)
Pulse in blender until cornmeal consistency
Add 1Tbsp water at time until becomes dough ball.
Chill 20 mins, up to 24 hrs. roll out to 1/8 in. thick and cut into shapes.
Bake at 350 for 13-15 mins (on less side if using toaster oven).

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jan 14 2013, 12:05 am
I can't help you with crackers.

I do have a tank of live goldfish though. I keep teasing DD that when they get big enough, they're going to get "gefilted". LOL
Being a member of the carp family, they are quite kosher!

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jan 14 2013, 12:36 am
Theres a company that sells crackers in goldfish shape and comes in barbque and onion flavor. Hows that?

DrMom

Post Mon, Jan 14 2013, 1:19 am
Fins + scales

Yep, look kosher to me. They're just mini carp.

Raisin

Post Mon, Jan 14 2013, 4:48 am
we have a bag of sour cream and onion flavoured fish shaped crackers. made by a frum company I think.

goldfish themselves are kosher but too small to eat really.

PtownMommy

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 4:30 pm
I just heard there is a brand called deeBest that makes "GoFish mini snack crackers" in several flavors (onion, bbq, original...) that are shaped like the goldfish crackers. Pas Yisroel and Pareve, I believe. I haven't tried them yet, but I will seek them out for my preschooler who keeps asking for the not kosher "fish" that he sees his peers eating.

The Dag Dag ones are made by Beigel & Beigel but I think they are only sold in Israel.

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 4:33 pm
goldfish are kosher ... my sonny boy wants to fry one up ... he might have to fry a dozen or so to actually make it a meal

rachel6543

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 4:41 pm
The walmart by me carries kosher cheese "whales" made by Stauffer's. They're OU-D I believe.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Stau.....14033

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 4:42 pm
oh & I've seen at walmart a no name brand ... but they are dairy and not cholov yisrael

OOTforlife

Post Sun, Aug 11 2019, 6:49 pm
Bump for 2019. Are there any kosher equivalents to Goldfish crackers sold in non-Jewish supermarkets? Does the Costco version mentioned above still exist?

Cholov stam is fine.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Aug 11 2019, 7:02 pm
OOTforlife wrote:
Bump for 2019. Are there any kosher equivalents to Goldfish crackers sold in non-Jewish supermarkets? Does the Costco version mentioned above still exist?

Cholov stam is fine.

Aldi makes penguin shaped ones. Ou-d last I checked.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen