Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Minivans- What kind do you drive?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

What do you drive?
honda odyssey  
 25%  [ 10 ]
toyota sienna  
 27%  [ 11 ]
dodge/crysler  
 20%  [ 8 ]
other  
 27%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 40

ruthanne

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 5:13 pm
S.Shcwartz wrote:
Dodge Grand Caravan- THE cheapest. The same exact as Town and Country from Chrysler at a much lower price.

We have the Dodge caravan and bought it for the same reason - its the same as a Chrysler but just a lot cheaper. I'm very happy with it, it drives like a car but is much roomier.
I really dont like the big SUV's, they are so big and clunky to drive. I don't know what I'll do if I need 9 seats. I'll worry about it then... Smile

lubcoralsprings

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 5:54 pm
ruthanne wrote:
I don't know what I'll do if I need 9 seats. I'll worry about it then... Smile

LOL, DH and I discussed this when we purchased our odyssey. We figure we can remove the bucket seats and fit up to six kids in the thing, IY"H. I'll let you know if the car is still running by then. Confused

happy2beme

Post Wed, Nov 29 2006, 10:08 am
Those automatic doors are a G-dsend!!!

I always hated the minvan look & I when we got it I always said, ahh, I'm such a cliche! But nothing beats those automatic doors- once you're used to them - you can't go back!!!

Chanie

Post Wed, Nov 29 2006, 10:56 am
S.Shcwartz wrote:
A bit off topic here, would anyone be interested in buying a second hand minivan /Dodge Grand Caravan/ 2005? Great condition, only 26k! Pm me for details.

does it cost that much? I bought a second hand Toyota Sienna LE 2006 for less. (Rated the best minivan by most followed closly by the Odyssey.)

Post Wed, Nov 29 2006, 12:55 pm
Chanie wrote:
S.Shcwartz wrote:
A bit off topic here, would anyone be interested in buying a second hand minivan /Dodge Grand Caravan/ 2005? Great condition, only 26k! Pm me for details.

does it cost that much? I bought a second hand Toyota Sienna LE 2006 for less. (Rated the best minivan by most followed closly by the Odyssey.)

26k must be the miles on the car, not the price Wink

We have an 8 seater Chevy Venture. Automatic door on passenger side, but driver side door is not automatic.

S.Shcwartz

Post Sun, Jan 07 2007, 1:29 pm
26k MILES...
I'm selling it for less than that...

greenfire

Post Sun, Jan 07 2007, 3:50 pm
plymouth voyager - was supposed to be good family car - would have liked honda odyssey but 2x more expensive

amother

Post Fri, Jan 12 2007, 12:23 am
honestly--I kind of want to TRASH the whole minivan concept and get me a big TOYOTA SEQUOIA. 8)

baseballmom

Post Fri, Jan 12 2007, 12:26 am
We have a Sienna - although I have yet to use the 8th seat...but I love it!

amother

Post Fri, Jan 12 2007, 12:29 am
We have the Oddysey. We got it in the summer and I've driven it probably no more than 8 times. Darned parking in Boro Park makes me never ever want to drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

baseballmom

Post Fri, Jan 12 2007, 12:31 am
amother wrote:
We have the Oddysey. We got it in the summer and I've driven it probably no more than 8 times. Darned parking in Boro Park makes me never ever want to drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This used to be me...until we moved to the suburbs...now I drive all the time

TzenaRena

Post Fri, Jan 12 2007, 12:35 am
amother wrote:
Ditto for CH. My dh will never drive the kids to school if they've missed the bus. It takes at least a half hour to find parking mornings if lucky. Babysitting the car, we call it.

Squash

Post Fri, Jan 12 2007, 12:35 am
elkayed wrote:
We have the Odyssey..its great. Doors open themselves..there are 8 seats..a lazy susan underneath to store things...dvd...its soo comfy and drives great.

Where's the lazy suzan? Haven't noticed it.

Squash

Post Fri, Jan 12 2007, 12:38 am
TzenaRena wrote:
amother wrote:
Ditto for CH. My dh will never drive the kids to school if they've missed the bus. It takes at least a half hour to find parking mornings if lucky. Babysitting the car, we call it.

And me! I RARELY, if ever, drive.

baseballmom

Post Fri, Jan 12 2007, 12:39 am
elkayed wrote:
We have the Odyssey..its great. Doors open themselves..there are 8 seats..a lazy susan underneath to store things...dvd...its soo comfy and drives great.

Since when did the Odyssey get 8 seats - I thought that was one fo the main differences between a sienna and an odyssey

Squash

Post Fri, Jan 12 2007, 12:45 am
3cutiesmommy wrote:
elkayed wrote:

Since when did the Odyssey get 8 seats - I thought that was one fo the main differences between a sienna and an odyssey

When you order there's an option like that. I think it's a removeable bucket seat or something like that. We don't have that so I don't know I just remember dh telling me something like that when we were ordering.

Squash

Post Fri, Jan 12 2007, 12:53 am
I just reread my post (guess I'm really bored Wink ). Did anyone count how many times I used the word "that"?! What's up with that?!! Very Happy Rolling Eyes Wink

Ruchel

Post Fri, Jan 12 2007, 8:33 am
we used to have a toyota

happy2beme

Post Fri, Jan 12 2007, 10:39 am
Squash,
That post is really funny!!!

ny21

Post Fri, Jan 12 2007, 10:43 am
we used to have a Chrysler with built in car seats in the secound row
we dontaed it to chai life line when we grew out of it
once I locked the twins in the car by accident when they were very young
I coxed my daughter into giving me the keys though the window
and she did .
kids can understand even before they can speak .
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics