Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Brooklyn Tuition
1  2  Next

How much tuition do you pay per month per child
<300  
 28%  [ 12 ]
between 300 and 400  
 19%  [ 8 ]
between 400 and 500  
 19%  [ 8 ]
between 500 and 600  
 9%  [ 4 ]
>600  
 23%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 42

amother

Post Mon, Nov 27 2006, 9:22 pm
My daughter is going into Kindergarten next year and I was just informed that tuition payments will be close to $650 per month. My husband and I are both working and I had been considering leaving my full-time job when my third child arrives IYH" (I am due sometime this year). The schools that we interviewed at are typical Flatbush Bais Yaakov (ex. Masores, Lev, Prospect, etc.). I am wondering how much people are actually paying for Yeshiva tuition. There is no way that I can afford this tuition for my 3 children and stop working. I am curious what other people are doing.

Flowerchild

Post Mon, Nov 27 2006, 9:25 pm
lucky you, my tuition for next year is looking at about $1,000 a month

lubcoralsprings

Post Mon, Nov 27 2006, 9:28 pm
I think it depends on your circumstances. The proper thing you can do is try to negotiate something feasible for you. Come up with a plan to be able to explain why you think you should pay what you want to pay and don't try to low ball a crazy figure. Good Luck

happy2beme

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 9:48 am
I'm also paying close to 700 a month with transportation. It's getting ridiculous already. I really wanted to stop working too but can't anymore.

I really don't understand how people afford it when they have a bunch of kids in school.

The ppl who picked the lower numbers in the poll- is that what the wschool asks or did u ask for a lower rate?

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 10:35 am
Chassidsiche schools take less tuition.

HealthCoach

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 12:11 pm
You need to do what's best for you. I think the families with stay at home moms get breaks on their tuition. My dh and I work very hard to pay a ton of tuition (our biggest expense), and I guess we're paying other people's tuition too. That can be very annoying, but I don't blame anyone. After constant re-examination of the choices I make, I don't make any changes. I guess I have only myself to blame for our large tuition payments.

timeout

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 1:48 pm
I'm a SAHM and I am still paying waht I think is a large tuition!

$400 + + + + +

How we do it I have no idea, it's definitely a small miracle each month.

S.Shcwartz

Post Wed, Nov 29 2006, 10:07 am
I pay $360 for a two year old! I think it's alot. Pple in Monsey said it's mucy cheaper there.

happy2beme

Post Wed, Nov 29 2006, 10:32 am
timeout, is that the school's tuition price? or is that what u 'handled'?

avigayil

Post Wed, Nov 29 2006, 10:55 am
Dh and I pay more than $300 a month for our 2 year old. That is not even including the 'extra classes' they offer. Don't get me wrong, ds really loves the morahs and they give lots of individual attention, but it can be burdensome. When ds enters the community school, tuition will double.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 29 2006, 12:48 pm
the school that my dd goes to asked for about 500 a month (can't remeber the exact number) we got a tuition break and pay 400 including transportation. (that's only for one of my dd, the other one is in a playgroup and we pay 330 a month including transportation)

shayna82

Post Wed, Nov 29 2006, 12:53 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Chassidsiche schools take less tuition.

sorry. untrue from where I grew up, and where I am now. the chassideshe schools are much more than the regular ones....

Flowerchild

Post Wed, Nov 29 2006, 1:17 pm
how do you people pay these amounts? like I said previously I have to pay close to $1,000 for one kid. are you talking about playgroups or yeshivahs?

momofgirls

Post Wed, Nov 29 2006, 1:39 pm
DD is in playgroup they charge $250 without transportation.

HealthCoach

Post Wed, Nov 29 2006, 1:48 pm
We pay between 500 and 600 on average per kid, and the average will go up to over 600 when our next son goes to school. Please tell me there is someone else out there like us.

Motek

Post Thu, Nov 30 2006, 9:43 am
amother wrote:
... I had been considering leaving my full-time job when my third child arrives IYH" (I am due sometime this year).... There is no way that I can afford this tuition for my 3 children and stop working.

My opinion - stop working. It's what you want to do and I think it's obscene that you need to consider continuing to work in order to pay tuition.

I know someone with five girls in YOB (in addition to her other 3 children). She is not working. YOB has lower tuition that other girls' schools in Flatbush. I'm not saying you should switch your kids there because it's obviously one you're not interested in but there are other options, and to work to pay tuition?!

It just seems ludicrous to me that a mother works in order to provide a good chinuch for her children while the very fact that she is working fulltime undermines her children's chinuch. Again, my opinion.

Is every single other mother who sends her daughters to those schools you mentioned, working or are they all wealthy from other sources? I highly doubt it. What if you told those schools there is only your husband's income? You wouldn't be accepted at any of them?

amother

Post Wed, Dec 20 2006, 9:00 pm
I have 2 children in school b"h. Both my husband and I are professionals and make a decent income b"h but I wanted to cut back as I just had my third child. When we met with the administrator we explained our financial situation, how we are trying to also save up for a down payment, how I want to cut back a bit to be there for my children, . We did not make ourselves out to be paupers as b'h we are not. Both schools (one's a girl's school and one's a boys school) were very nice about it and gave us a break (though it was not any of the schools you mentioned). We are paying a little more than $400 a month per child I must add, that when my husband said he wanted to ask for a 'break', I was at first against it. But really, why should I have to pay $650 a month for a kindergartener (when he also finishes at 2:00?).The school where my oldest child ups our tuition a bit each year.

Ambassador-to-KJ

Post Wed, Dec 20 2006, 9:48 pm
My three year old and four year old are in school in Monsey and our monthy tuition bill comes out to just over 900 a month, they are practicaly still babies! shock

Last edited by Ambassador-to-KJ on Thu, Dec 21 2006, 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total

MyKidsRQte

Post Thu, Dec 21 2006, 12:18 am
My kids go to chassidishe schools/chedarim. I pay about $200. per kid

brooklyn

Post Thu, Dec 21 2006, 10:48 am
Tuition in my daughter's school is $750 per month.
Tuition in my son's school is $900 per month.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics