Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Don't you love cleaning toilets?
1  2  Next

mumoo

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 12:25 am
Forgive me if this is a repeat thread, I'm new and just curious:

what's your most hated domestic chore?
what's your most favorite domestic chore?
tell why to give someone a little chizuk to do their their most hated

I'll start- I don't like mopping floors or any cooking (other than for Shabbos)

I do like doing laundry tho, it's a clean job, and full drawers and closets make everyone's mornings much smoother

amother

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 1:51 am
Cleaning toilets got a lot easier with the new wands!! You just swish it around and then press a convenient button to throw the wand-head in the trash-- no more touching gross things!

pinktichel

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 9:19 am
I really enjoy cleaning in general (find it relaxing when stressed) but the bathroom is my favorite. LOL

I despise ironing! I'd rather pay the cleaners than do it myself!

happy2beme

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 9:25 am
I love those wands!!!! makes life a 100 times easier & cleaner!!!!

I hated having the old toilet brush hanging around- ds found it too interesting!

amother

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 9:25 am
Pink really does love cleaning. We used to tease her as a kid that when the kitchen was very clean, "OH Pink must be in a bad mood - she cleaned!"

I like cooking or baking. Hate cleaning but do it cuz I'm a neat person & like a neat clean house. Definitely hate toilets but I buy household wipes at BJ's & wipe toliet seats & sinks with those in between the cleaning lady's visits.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 9:49 am
Since I have a new apt, I hve naches cleaning things that look good when clean! (I always lived in hundred year old houses before which never looked clean!)

mumoo

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 11:02 am
sometimes I think that any household job is fun if im home alone with no one constantly diverting my attention and undoing what I just finished

shayna82

Post Sun, Dec 03 2006, 12:53 pm
I have no real problem cleaning toilets.. you do what you have to do to get by, and no, I dont waste money on disposable things.

faigie

Post Sun, Dec 03 2006, 12:56 pm
I detest vaccuming........ everything else I like.

Nomad

Post Sun, Dec 03 2006, 1:50 pm
I hate ironing (which is why the local cleaners likes me!) and folding laundry

...come to think of it - I dont really like any housework embarrassed

withhumor

Post Sun, Dec 03 2006, 7:55 pm
My cleaning lady loves me. I sit on my throne and do nothing, even if the cleaning lady forgets to show up on schedule. What a pig…

Esther01

Post Sun, Dec 03 2006, 8:01 pm
I hate cleaning, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I don't get plessure out of cleaning but when the house is clean it's a real pleasure.
I love cooking. nothing like putting up a fresh delicious nutritios meal before anyone comes home from school. and the house smells absolutely delicious. (I am getting pleasure by just writing this)

mumoo

Post Sun, Dec 03 2006, 8:22 pm
Esther, you come to my house and make it smell real good and I'll come by you and clean up! Very Happy

klotzkashe

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 5:57 am
I haaaaate the floors

I don't mind the toilet

I loveeeeeee the kitchen

shininglight

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 6:22 am
I'm not so good in any area, but I don't mind sweeping and vacuuming and picking up the toys because they're quick jobs and it's instant gratification!

greenfire

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 1:35 pm
I don't like washing dishes and neither does anyone else. one of my girls use to vomit when I would insist she wash her own dish. We mostly use paper.

by the way I live in a 100 year house and find it quite charming certain things u can't replace - mahogany woodwork - fireplace and the such

Esther01

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 1:36 pm
mumoo wrote:
Esther, you come to my house and make it smell real good and I'll come by you and clean up! Very Happy

I love your idea!!! can we please? LOL

greenfire

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 1:44 pm
I want that deal too - I'll cook, bake, serve just someone please clean up

mumoo

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 5:11 pm
I have that arrangement with 2 friends, they come over and cook and I clean up and all our kids eat

I think im the only one in my family that gets any satisfaction out of a clean house-they'd all much rather have hot meals all the time-on time

I just think of cooking as a chore that you spend hours on and its over in a minute

any ideas how can I get satisfaction out of cooking-my family isn't really picky, just varied in preferences

shoy18

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 5:39 pm
I love windex!

I hate washing dishes I end up soaked no matter how low the water pressure is.

Me and the iron don't really get along much, I always burn myself or whatever it is Im ironing, Me and the cleaners however are the best of friends!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics