Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Baby Bjorn

cheerios

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 2:16 pm
I've tried cheaper baby carriers -- they were not that comfy for my back. Is the baby bjorn better? It costs more than double the price of the smaller companies who make it. I don't have friends with it so I can't try it out. Does anyone have it and is it worth it to get this one as opposed to the cheaper brands? Also do you wear it in the winter -- if yes, how? with all the bundling...

Tovah

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 2:24 pm
I have a bjorn and was very happy with it. it definetly has a better support, but once the babies hit 3 months and put on weight for me to heavy.

ChavieK

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 2:45 pm
I used an evenflo last year when my baby was about 16 llbs. It was fine. But the winter was a problem. I asked them & the response was "it's for indoor use" I couldn't believe the stupidity. She finaly let me return it. The just now I was going to E"Y & the baby is 1.5 yrs. I was able to borrow a baby bjorn. He only weighs 21.5 lbs (got sick there prob lost 1 lb). It was comfy for not too long at a time, but needed it to certain places like walking out of the old city until I could put him in the stroller. The advantage is you can buy an attachment piece ( I didn't have or need it) that is fleece & snaps onto the carrier. My friend loved it.

Meema2Kids

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 2:49 pm
I had a regular baby bjorn and it was really bad on my back. I borrowed my friend's baby bjorn active (with the lumbar support) for a trip to Israel and carried my baby everywhere for 2 weeks in it. I am not sure I would spend that money myself though - maybe if it were a gift. I have a maya wrap that I use a lot and so far it's been fine for my back (but my baby is only 16 lbs).

sarahnurit

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 4:02 pm
We have a baby bjorn active, and although right now my husband is the only one that can use it - I am 7 months pregnant - we are really happy about it, bec it gives a lot of back support, and Didi loves to be carried around in it, specially when we have to go on public transportation where a stroller would just be not practical!
Here it costs about 100 euros, but it's absolutely worth the money...

Mommy3.5

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 9:44 pm
if your going to spend that much money, get an Ergo, you can use it to carry the baby on the front, hip or back. You have to buy an additional insert for newborns though. Also I find that the baby bjorn was outgrown by my baby, way before it should have been.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 11:00 pm
I use a Hotsling, and my son is 15 months old. But I only use it around the house and not very often.

jba

Post Wed, Nov 29 2006, 12:54 pm
Thanks for this thread. I have the orig. baby bjorn, my daughter loves to be carried, but it is killing my back. I have been considering buying the active one, I hope it works well for us. Based on the responses it sounds good.

Also a firned of mine got me a baby wrap. I wouldn't wear it out of the house but it's very comfortable in the house, the baby is more snuggled against you, and you can hold hte baby in 5 different positions. Not great head support though so don't use it for an infant.

shira

Post Wed, Nov 29 2006, 1:14 pm
I carry my 8 Kilo baby in my bjorn ALL DAY LONG. My back is breaking!!!! My mother is bringing me the bjorn active next month. I'm hoping it will be better.......I let y'all know!

Mommyof2

Post Sun, Feb 11 2007, 10:39 pm
have the baby bjorn active. carried my son in it for a good year, it was great. Very Happy

amother

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 11:17 am
I also had the baby ergo carrier.
FANTASTIC!
and my kids are heavy and I'm small and skinny ...
I really loved it!

Newsie

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 11:30 am
I have the Baby Bjorn active. The first one I had a piece was recalled and I called the company and they were great and sent me another one.
It's really great on the back.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 12:06 pm
I used a Snugli (I think it's by evenflo) and I really loved it. it was not bad on my back at all. (my baby was a preemie, so maybe that's why.....) but even when he got bigger, it was always so comfortable.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 4:23 pm
We have the Baby Bjorn active, dh says it's very good. I dunno because I don't use it. LOL

YALT

Post Fri, Dec 28 2007, 11:06 am
What about the Infantino?
Anyone ever tried it? How was it?

anuta

Post Fri, Dec 28 2007, 11:18 am
I have a baby Bjorn (regular), and it hurt my back and shoulders once my kids got heavier, and it happened very fast...

I bought a mei-tai type carrier, it is perfect for older kids, and it is good for infants too. With my second child I didn't even unpack the Baby Bjorn, went straight to mei tai. You can use it on your back too; it was a lifesaver when I had to cook for Shabbat with a cranky infant - just tied him on my back and he was happy while I chopped/cooked, and he couldn't reach the dangerous stuff in the kitchen.
Mei tai type carriers are made by many mom businesses, the gold standard is kozy carrier (google it!), I have the one made by sachicarriers.com

If you want a carrier with buckles, Ergo is a good choice too (I personally don' t have it).

Chaya4

Post Fri, Dec 28 2007, 11:50 am
I agree with the pp about the ERGO. its an amazing carrier. much better for the baby and much better for the mom. I got mine from a website that offers a 90 money back trial. so you can try it and if it doesnt work for you then you can send it back no problem. I use mine all the time. I barely use a stroller. its also great bec I can wear my baby on my back around the house when I need to get stuff done.
for the winter I just put the baby in a snowsuit with a hat. works great.
here is the link:
http://www.myfavoritebabycarri......html

BennysMommy

Post Fri, Dec 28 2007, 11:57 am
I have the bjorn active. It's great! My baby is and always was heavy.We still use it on occasion now. He's 25lbs. I wouldn't use it instead of a stroller anymore but instead of holding him definitely. (especially if I can take turns with my DH) It's really strong and has great support!!! It was definitely worth my money.

YALT

Post Fri, Dec 28 2007, 1:26 pm
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics