Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Babysitting at home question

amother

Post Tue, Feb 28 2012, 11:30 am
How many babies/toddlers do you think is ok to babysit at once? At the moment I have 4 at a time including my own dd they range in age from 14-18 months. I sometimes have the opppotunity to babysit another baby or two this is getting more frequent lately. My problem is one of the mothers of a baby have been babysitting for the longest dosn't feel comfortable with me going over 4. I feel I can manage more the kids are bh good play together and nap nicely. Is the other mother being unreasonable or is she right? Opinions greatly appreciated!

amother

Post Tue, Feb 28 2012, 12:04 pm
I send my baby out full time, I would be uncomfortable sending him somewhere with more than 5 kids without an assistant. The fact that one of the children belongs to you shouldn't come into play.

21young

Post Tue, Feb 28 2012, 12:07 pm
Where I live the standard babysitting group ranges from 5-7 kids. When my babysitter had 7 kids I felt it was too much so I found a new babysitter who has only 3. Unless she wants to pay extra to cover the cost of the child you would have, you can take as many babies as are considered in the normal range.

cm

Post Tue, Feb 28 2012, 1:40 pm
In my state, a licensed home day care provider may take up to five children (including her own, I think) without an aide. There may be additional guidelines about how many of them may be infants. Licensure is optional in this state, but the guidelines make sense, I think.

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Feb 28 2012, 1:41 pm
what's the limit in your state officially? didn't they give you this info when you got licensed and got your home inspection? It differs from state to state as far as I know---- what you or the moms are comfy with isn't the point--- you can only go with what's legal or below or risk losing your license.

Having said that I'm a work at home mom of just twins but with just the 2 of them I'm completely overwhelmed. Smile

eytse

Post Tue, Feb 28 2012, 1:45 pm
My daughter's daycare has 4-8 kids depending on the day, and the lady, but always has her assistant when it's 6 or more. 2 of the kids are hers, but I agree that's irrelevant to this issue. Can you hire a part-time assistant for the days/hours that you would have 6 kids? (I think 5 by yourself is ok, btw.)

Strawberry2

Post Tue, Feb 28 2012, 2:12 pm
5-6-7 should be okay - you're not dealing with newborns!

yerushamama

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 6:15 am
I take up to 6 at a time, but no more than 2 of them under 6 months old.

Israeli_C

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 6:32 am
yerushamama, it's best to start your own new thread instead of resurrecting all these old threads about childminding. This thread is from 2012
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers