Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Riva Pomerantz - Diamond Dust
  Previous  1  2  3 19  20  21  Next

STMommy

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 1:22 pm
It's over! I cried!
Kudos Riva!
perfect ending!!!!!!!!!

MimiMommy

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 1:28 pm
It was a good ending! I thought it was very realistic how Deeni didn't care; I was expecting her to beg forgiveness from Yalli.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 2:09 pm
I thought it was a bit of a leap that Yalli was suddenly able to forgive her. The whole ending was a bit sudden. I am happy though that Riva didnt go down the road of Henny getting pregnant miraculously, or Deena turning out to be a normal human being - she is still a terrible person and a rachmanus. But it all ended too quickly.

intrigued

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 3:39 pm
The last 2 paragraphs were way too unrealistic.

coffee girl

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 8:22 pm
Can we get a sum up of the last chapter ? TIA

seeker

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 9:59 pm
I didn't think it ended too quickly, it was winding down to this for a long time. It just ended too... unbelievably. First Yalli faints at the sight of her, but then she comes out of her own volition to offer forgiveness? And the whole showdown...

Excuse me, I need to go take some more lactaid for the cheesiness.

Last edited by seeker on Thu, Mar 14 2013, 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cookies n Cream

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 10:24 pm
seeker wrote:
I didn't think it ended to quickly, it was winding down to this for a long time. It just ended too... unbelievably. First Yalli faints at the sight of her, but then she comes out of her own volition to offer forgiveness? And the whole showdown...

Rolling Laughter Excuse me, I need to go take some more lactaid for the cheesiness.

sarahd

Post Fri, Mar 15 2013, 5:04 am
Now that we've taken care of bullying, domestic abuse and the kollel/work life, what pressing social issue is Riva going to address next?

watergirl

Post Fri, Mar 15 2013, 9:43 am
Sorry, I had to roll my eyes at the ending. an entire family went to tell off a bully? Cause that would actually happen, right?

smile22

Post Fri, Mar 15 2013, 9:46 am
I cant believe it ended! I am going to miss running to the family first the second it comes to read about yali!!! Crying

Last edited by smile22 on Fri, Mar 15 2013, 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total

MimiMommy

Post Fri, Mar 15 2013, 10:16 am
sarahd wrote:
Now that we've taken care of bullying, domestic abuse and the kollel/work life, what pressing social issue is Riva going to address next?

Men's grooming practices?

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Mar 15 2013, 10:53 am
I want to interject here for a moment. I know that Riva reads this thread and I feel a little bad that we ganged up on her at the very end. yes, it was disappointing that after all the realistic build up in this very gripping story, it ended a little 'lamely'. But I think I speak in the name of all her fans that we really enjoyed this series and we want to thank her.

smile22

Post Fri, Mar 15 2013, 11:03 am
Mama Bear wrote:
I want to interject here for a moment. I know that Riva reads this thread and I feel a little bad that we ganged up on her at the very end. yes, it was disappointing that after all the realistic build up in this very gripping story, it ended a little 'lamely'. But I think I speak in the name of all her fans that we really enjoyed this series and we want to thank her.

wow thank you! you are so right!. truth be told, we all enjoyed reading diamond dust!

seeker

Post Fri, Mar 15 2013, 11:14 am
Mama Bear wrote:

Hear, hear. And I did think it was highly realistic/believable that Deeni turns out to be just sick, unremorseful, and the victims end up 'forgiving' due to realizing this. Just the whole climactic showdown at the kiddush would not happen to normal people... more likely for the forgiving feelings to come out in a private diary entry. A deep sisterly conversation between Henny and Yalli, maybe. Or maybe some closure with meeting up with their teacher after all these years, and make it educational by bringing out how it was possible that all this was going on in school and the teachers never noticed or did anything. Maybe a follow-up piece with some more practical takeaway from this story?

But yeah, even though I rolled my eyes at every fainting spell, I did get very attached to this story and its characters. Thanks, Riva, and don't keep us waiting too long for the next one!

rb

Post Sat, Mar 16 2013, 10:04 pm
I thought the ending was perfect. It is a fictional story after all! It had to end with most issues resolved, thats how stories work. I also had tears in my eyes. Kudos Riva, for a great story.

Happy18

Post Sat, Mar 16 2013, 10:12 pm
I liked the ending, but I am wondering if Mishpacha wanted the story to end this week.

runninglate

Post Sat, Mar 16 2013, 11:23 pm
I also loved the ending!

EmesOrNT

Post Sat, Mar 16 2013, 11:33 pm
It was mostly realistic until Yalli forgives Deeni.

Maybe I'm not that big or person, and Yalli probably wouldn't be either if she wasn't fictional.

I do not forgive any of the girls and teachers who bullied me.

wereafamily

Post Sat, Mar 16 2013, 11:59 pm
Loved it, every chapter. I actually thought the ending was great, well until Yalli forgives her...
Great story Riva - touching an important point.

c899

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 12:13 am
watergirl wrote:
Sorry, I had to roll my eyes at the ending. an entire family went to tell off a bully? Cause that would actually happen, right?

umm yes!! I would hope mine would...
I loved the ending I was crying when I read it
Page 20 of 21   Previous  1  2  3 19  20  21  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room