Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Riva Pomerantz - Diamond Dust
  Previous  1  2  3  19  20  21

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 5:22 am
Since so many people are quibbling with the ending I'd like to propose an alternate. *

[/I]Five years later **

Tzvi and Yalli are unwinding after the vach nacht of their second son, which coincidentally is on the fourth birthday of Henny's triplet boys and reminiscing. They're at the infamous dinner, and reliving the moment when Deena goes on stage. Just then someone trips off the sprinklers. (!) On stage, Deena gets the full force of them, and with no small measure of closure they hear her haunting last words: "I'm meeeelllllltinnnnnggggg........"

The end.

* Don't worry, Riva, I'll make you look good.
** See?

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 6:06 am
Pink Fridge, that's the ending to the sequel!

I thought the ending was very powerful, and Yalli's forgiving Deena was a testament to Yalli's growth. I especially thought that Deena's unrepentant attitude was realistic.

When's the book coming out?

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 6:11 am
You know, it's interesting, the whole Deenie thing, it's hard to imagine a yiddish kind being this cruel. But then I remembered that I had a bully in school, starting from pre 1 A all the way through high school grad. and you know something? Today she doent mamish 'bully' me anymore, I still feel extremely intimidated in her presence and she still has a way of making me feel like a piece of paper. Bullies never change their spots, unless they actively work on it.

sunspot

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 8:01 am
or unless their own children get bullied?

sushilover

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 8:05 am
I'm another lover of the ending.
Yup, it was cheesy, but hey the entire thing read like a soap opera, so it was a perfect ending

Riva, if you read this- thank you for an enthralling read!

realeez

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 9:01 am
If I wanted realistic, I would stick with non-fiction! (Although I've had a few of my own stories that are crazier than the most outlandish fiction...) thanks riva - I enjoyed!

AlwaysGrateful

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 5:28 pm
c899 wrote:
watergirl wrote:
Sorry, I had to roll my eyes at the ending. an entire family went to tell off a bully? Cause that would actually happen, right?

umm yes!! I would hope mine would...
I loved the ending I was crying when I read it

This.

Seemed realistic enough to me. Yalli's been building up to this moment ever since she started therapy!

I thought it was an anxiety attack not a faint...?

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 6:16 pm
I liked the ending a lot. I thought it provided closure to everyone without being over the top. Well, without being more over the top than the rest if the serial. That's just the style.

Anyone else going to miss these characters? As much as I poke fun at the melodrama in Rivas serials, I become very attached to the characters Smile

wereafamily

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 7:51 pm
\

seeker

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 8:28 pm
Yes, I will miss the characters. With the exception of a few silly scenes, many of them were very balanced and believable and they all had redeeming qualities (though some of their weak points were rather exaggerated).

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 9:10 pm
Riva, you can show this thread to Mishpacha and ask for a raise -- so many of us bought the magazine each week just to find out what is happening to Yalli; thanks for an engaging story:)

luvinlife

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 5:03 pm
I loved the ending it was amazing! I read it like three times and cried! I just want an epilogue that henny gives birth and that would be perfect. now I can stop buying mishpacha I've been waiting for this story to end.
Page 21 of 21   Previous  1  2  3  19  20  21 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room